Group buy: "WPP" Billet exhaust Tip and maybe X-4 UMI?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnetonka4me

Premium Member
Premium Member
Who's interested? These will be exact clones, and will NOT include an installation tool. I used a spanner wrench from harbor freight on mine; it wasnt the best but it will work. I could possibly get some tools made but it will add to the price.

Price wise its looking like $250-300 and that will include shipping in the US. Price will depend on if we buy 5 or 10.

If interested please PM me. I will need a $150 deposit, refundable if things fall through but its looking good.

As far as the UMIs it will be a couple weeks before I have a good idea on price but I wanted to get the word out. It will be improved for strength at the weld. Again....Please PM me if interested.

Pic for reference...

A new UMI style setup with the main weld reinforced would be awesome! I'd be interested depending on price

I'm down for a tip or 2 umi depending on price any color choices on the anodized

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There will be no color changes, just adds too much to the price and then everyone wants a different color and stuff. The umi I hope will be in the 500 range but I don't have an estimate back yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What style stem on the umi? Sorry for so many questions.

[MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION]

Yeah it's taken me years to get my Westcoast exhaust tips. I'm both happy for and jealous of them being readily available. They are the coolest, people are gonna love them.

I've got a new guy telling me he is gonna remake X4 UMI every other day anymore it seems. I still have not seen the first one. I'd love to see Westside Powersports get this done.

What style stem on the umi? Sorry for so many questions.

No problem I'll post another post when I have more specifics about that group buy but They will be the goose neck more forward style umi. Angled stem obviously.

No problem I'll post another post when I have more specifics about that group buy but They will be the goose neck more forward style umi. Angled stem obviously.

That's the one where the bar clamps go to the front instead of on top correct.

Yeah it's taken me years to get my Westcoast exhaust tips. I'm both happy for and jealous of them being readily available. They are the coolest, people are gonna love them.

I've got a new guy telling me he is gonna remake X4 UMI every other day anymore it seems. I still have not seen the first one. I'd love to see Westside Powersports get this done.
Unless the price is just too high and no one wants to pay up for a new more solid one.... That's the only reason I see them not being made. We will know more once the estimate comes in.

81.jpg

Just don't have the lower plate webbed like this one. They should have never made it webbed like this one

Anodize costs are cheap. For the guys who want a different color just ship theirs unassembled, let them take it to a local place and choose their color. They all work by the lot charge, or at least the several places we use. We have 24 to 48 hour turn around for our ano. Knock off the assembly cost and the anodize cost for those guys and everyone wins.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I think I am good on parts for the moment, but would love to see some re makes. Subscribed to see if it comes together.

Price is $260 including shipping on the exhaust tips, Ill post the price on the UMI once I get a quote back. Lots of interest but have yet to see a deposit. Lets make the cutoff date the Monday after Xmas on the tips.

Anodize costs are cheap. For the guys who want a different color just ship theirs unassembled, let them take it to a local place and choose their color. They all work by the lot charge, or at least the several places we use. We have 24 to 48 hour turn around for our ano. Knock off the assembly cost and the anodize cost for those guys and everyone wins.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on this Nick?

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

They will be clear anodized. We might have to have these go in with UMIs to save on fees.

As far as a performance benefit, There really isnt one. The one thing that is better about it is if you have your pipe water get clogged and you are running my silicone hose...the next weak link is the plastic exhaust tip. They melt. Also I have seen a couple exhaust tips break off and fill the hull with water, that cannot happen here. And of course..the trick look factor cannot be ignored!

I'm in for an umi if it's around 500 and do you still sell those silicone hoses for the 96xp?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
OK lets bump this up, the machine is not super busy and he said its time to get the order in. We talked about the UMI and doing the anodizing at the same time and he's at least a month out still on the steering and wants to keep the orders separate.

So....who's really in? Price is $260 shipped in the US, It might bump up slightly b/c of the Anodizing, but if it isnt too much Ill eat it and keep it at $260 if at all possible.

Cut off will be 1/18 at 9am central. I am asking for a $125 deposit to hold one. Paypal is Nick@westsidepowersports.com Please put "exhaust tip deposit" in the notes.

Nick,

I have a guy who might be interested but wants to know is this 100% exact down to the little holes internally? And will these parts inter change with an original one?

These are the holes he's asking about (stole pic from interwebs)

65.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back