Dr. Honda's Stencil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kicker

I received my stencils from Dr. Honda a little while back and finally got around to getting them painted on my 96 GSX seat, that I recovered last summer.

I bought the duplicolor vinyl and plastic paint, and the guy at the auto store convinced me to buy the duplicolor vinyl primer as well. For some reason this did not work. I applied the primer as per the can, and then proceeded to put the 25 coats of paint on. I let it dry for 10 min after the final coat and then started peeling back the stencil and all the letters came off with the stencil, the paint did not stick to the seat at all.

Lucky I had 2 sets of stencils and tried it again with out the primer and it worked great.

Thanks Tony for the taking the effort to make the stencils, if you don mind taking the time it really adds a nice touch to the ski.
Also thanks to Jetskigoodies for doing the pilot project on this and figuring out the best way. Its in his thread post #193

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?58779-98-spx-restoration/page8

345.jpg

346.jpg

347.jpg

yup it does look real good. Did you do both sides? Im considering doing this to my GSX as well...maybe even my new XP

Kick...you wanna throw up a pic of it sitting on the ski? I kinda wanna see what it looks like on there to see if I want to do it or not. Im gunna guess "Yes" tho lol

Dr.Just put the cost in a post otherwise you'll flooded with PMs about.
I'm interested too, for a black/red seat..... I think I need to measure the space available first.

seat new cover.JPG......seat new cover - 2.JPG

Kick...you wanna throw up a pic of it sitting on the ski? I kinda wanna see what it looks like on there to see if I want to do it or not. Im gunna guess "Yes" tho lol

Here you go CR, he also made the (bombardier) stencils for my hood, didnt have time today to do it.

348.jpg

349.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, gotta have it. My ski looks just like yours, even same hydro turf. I'm gunna be placing a large order for decals with the Dr. soon

Nick, I have bought 6 from you already, my kid stole 2 of them and put them on his skateboard, and I wasted 2 trying to get them to stick to the plastic hood and still have 2 left.

I tried various things to get them to stick but cant seem to make it work, so I was going try painting next.

Hmm, I found some decals on ebay last year. Your talking about the Bombardier ones, right? I got some, and they have stuck really well, except I got them in all CAPS, couldnt find the lowercase ones, but they still look good. Do you have Armor All on your hood? I use it on my hood and it really keeps it looking sharp, but i cleaned it off real good with degreasing soap before I applied them to the hood

I think Im going to get the gauge decals in all white from the Dr., I dont like the yellow

I am glad Dr Honda is getting some biz from my R&D. When I posted all the info on these stencils and decals I was hoping to get the doc some more biz. I have the stencil thing down pat. Just look over my how to thread that kicker posted for instructions. Thanks Tony for making this possible, without him getting the material or racer pointing me in the right direction with his researching this for me these wouldnt be happening. He can make any size you need just measure your stock decals or whatever custom ones you want. I also ordered brp logos as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I get the recessed sea-Doo across the handlebar pad? I ordered a new one, same part number, and it doesn't have the indented letters. Yea. I'm OCD like that.

How do I get the recessed sea-Doo across the handlebar pad? I ordered a new one, same part number, and it doesn't have the indented letters. Yea. I'm OCD like that.

What color do you need? There have been a bunch of NOS ones on Ebay for cheap lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back