Dealership ERRORs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

travisbrant

Ok now that I got my buddies 99 XP goin time to talk about mine. its a 98 XP limited. Im no good at working on the cards anything else im decent at so I took to dealership to rebuild carbs. Now bare in mind they are two hrs away.... They called said they fixed it and was like 600 bucs parts and labor... I thought little high but was like eahhh is what it is... Took home and put in river same day and thing just bogged down wouldnt break 2000 rpm... Called them and said WTF and they said bring back and they would fix it, with them eating the cost. Went and picked up and water tested it with them and was only hitting 6500 RPM and goin like 45mph after they said it was fixed... Again was like WTF he said wearing looks little wore, I said ok I put new one in and still same 45mph and like 6500. WHAT DID they do wrong?????? This thing has no pick up and go... Thing ran like 62 mph before I took it to them.... Only reason I took it to them because it had slight bog starting out but after 5 min went away.... Im really at a loss here what to do or what they are doing wrong!!! SO once again they say bring it up... And if it aint fixed this time Im requesting a complete refund of the labor costs and going somewhere else.... Just for my piece of mind any ideas here????

Thank you

Travis

Future reference, when it comes to any carb work send them to Dr Honda. He really is the way to go. Very fair pricing and he KNOWS what he is doing.

Do you still have Grey Tempo lines by chance?
Does it run better on Reserve?

Unfortunately dealerships are about the worst place to bring a two stroke these days. B/c of turnover, there is rarely an old guy whos actually familiar with the 2 strokes, and the schools arent even teaching 2 stroke tech anymore.

I would request it be lake tested with you there.

I am going to guess you have a chunk of reed valve missing if the carbs and fuel lines have been done correctly.

You say it ran 62 before you took it in and the only problem you had was a bog. They worked on the carbs twice and its still worse than when you took it in. Then they tell you it needs a wear ring and you go for it. :facepalm:
Man make then fix the first issue before adding parts to a separate item. Don't take this wrong man I'm not trying to condemn you I just can't stand shops that use a parts book as a diagnostic tool.

See if they will refund you any money and take Castle's suggestion and send the carbs to Dr Honda

Well I'm goin up fri with the ski... noted fo check reeds.... now I even looked at wear ring and could see it needed new one but yes yall right bout fixin... this time if ain't done right I will get money back or may have to to get lawyer involved and I hate to say that its just fhats to about the point I'm at... not sure if the hi idle or low idle screws aint right or what but I know darn well that ski should get up and go... 6500 rpm is no where near what it did before I gave it to them... thing was over 7000 all day long...

I bet its the reeds....but it could also be the water regulator, a hole in an exhaust hose, improper pipe assembly spraying water around the carbs/airbox...thats off the top of my head.

Well of course they say carbs set perfectly.... I give up with this dealer goin to pick it up tommorrow and goin to trouble shoot this my self... best rpm they can get is 6500... I told them this is not within spec but they were like bla bla bla.... so I bla bla them into I'm not paying for this work...well 6500 rpm so I'm looking for 500rpm .... guess all I can do is process of elimination first starting with complete going over raves... then if no good I'm hookin up to truck with ski in river so I can hold throttle wide open and look for water leaks round pipe. Then if still no good will mess with water reg any info on how to test that?

I just work on a ski (99 xpl carb) that would only do 6500 rpm, It ended up to be the rave valve solenoid valve not working. You can check to see if the supply hose for the rave valve solenoid is hook up at the crankcase, it could be that the mechanic knock it off or unhook it when they were working on the carburetors.

David

Or check the pulse line at the crankcase that goes to the raves, it may have slipped off, or been sliced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back