94 seadoo spx won’t start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Sethf13

Just took my spx to the mechanic. It turns over great. Replaced just about every electrical component. They said no fuel is getting to the cylinders and it could be some valve that is broke, but weren’t sure as they would have to pull the motor. Could this be some fuel line/carburetor problem, or should I trust them and sell my ski?

Fuel is carbs, lines, or selector switch......, have you rebuilt it/them with an OEM kit at anytime?

Fuel is carbs, lines, or selector switch......, have you rebuilt it/them with an OEM kit at anytime?
No I haven’t. Fuel lines definitely need replaced, they’re the grey tempos. But I couldn’t get it to fire consistently with starter fluid before I took I to the mechanic so I’m hesitant to put much more money in it if I can’t get it to go on fluid.

check compression. check for good spark. If gray fuel lines since 94 carb(/s) must be pretty gummed up. Rebuild and follow rebuild thread at beginning of forum if compresion is good. Replace/clean fuel strainer and fuel valve. Replace fuel lines with black automotive line, vent lines are optional.

you could also temporarily bypass the fuel selector switch and strainer to test if either is blocked.

Back