Dealer installed reboarding step added 2 more holes?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

cheappc

Ok the Spark comes preholed for the reboarding step for the screws on the bottom of the step, my dealer decided to add 2 more screws on the top of the step I guess to secure it better since I'm a big guy, I scrounged when I saw them drilling 2 more holes in my hull..

I took out the Spark the following day and it was perfect, but just want to know your opinions? I'm sure with some kind of rubber sealant it would be fine in the 2 new holes.. Just wondering.. I'm trying to be extra safe since this is a new ski and I fell I'm a guinea pig LOL

Did you ask them? There could be a service bulletin that required the extra holes.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I did ask them.. but maybe you guys are right... I was all worried and I even told them? "You guys sure about that?" they said theyve done 3 already like that... so let me google and see if there is a bulletin..

Ok I just googled.. nothing on it, but seems that you get 4 screws so maybe they thought it needed 2 more? wow.. what Im gonna do is call SEADOO BRP and get the low down from them...

Last edited by a moderator:
I called Seadoo BRP only 2 screws needed.. Maybe my dealer thought since I'm a big guy needed 2 more screws? I looked at the parts diagram and thankfully it looks like where the reboarding step screws into is really not the hull.. Picture coming up

Back