Another Broken Mount - HELP!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I don't know exactly what set up you have but I run Lucase oil in my skis. It got more pricey but it was $30 for full synthetic and about $26 for A synthetic blend. On my personal skis I run the blend. Don't let that TCW-3 scare you. The oil is API-TC and JASO FB certified. :) I called LUCAS oil to confirm.

Lucas Oil API-TC.JPG

Just for the record I doubt it will hurt anything and you'll never drain 100% of it out of the system anyway. Safetest bet is to drain it and vacuum out the reservoi and you'll probably feel more comfortable. :) I've never used break-in oil on the two-strokes as I don't have that kinda cash. LOL :D . I just do a 100:1 premix (in addition to the injection system) unless it is fuel injected. Don't get to stressed over it. Good Luck !!

Thanks for the reply!

So I drained everything as best as I can. The tank is totally empty as well and the only possible place for any oil to remain is probably in the rotary "cavity" whatever that is. I think it's some cavity behind the rotary valve that connects the inlet to the return oil line through the engine. I don't know how much oil gets in there, or if it's possible to get all of it out. But I have the ports totally open and they are not draining any longer.

Based on this, if I just refill the entire system with the XPS E-Tec 2T tomorrow, and premix some oil into the gas you think that everything will be ok, no damage done?

I don't know exactly what set up you have but I run Lucase oil in my skis. It got more pricey but it was $30 for full synthetic and about $26 for A synthetic blend. On my personal skis I run the blend. Don't let that TCW-3 scare you. The oil is API-TC and JASO FB certified. :) I called LUCAS oil to confirm.

View attachment 63871

I've never used this. I see all sort of stuff about only use API-TC oil and nothing else. And don't mix oils. And nobody around here has any idea is XPS XD100 will work or not. My head is spinning.

I should have paid more attention. But it's all drained and I'll start fresh.

Do some due diligence. :) You got it going now !!!
I'm trying, I was so meticulous through the entire process. Everything was dead on. Until this stupid break in oil debacle.

From what I'm gathering, nobody thinks this will be an issue now that I've drained the oil. So I'll go with that.

Just that little in the rotary valve cavity that I can't get.

Thanks again for all the help.

You can buy a suction gun at the auto parts they are cheap... IF you want to get that oil out of there. They look like a grease gun and you pull the handle at the rear and SLURP out comes the whatever. LOL I don't think it will be a problem either but whatever is in the rotary chamber isn't going to come out unless you suck it out.

Back