Craigslist Ads - LOL

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not get what the scammers are trying to do. Mug you when you come to pick it up, or ask for a deposit before you see them? There are a bunch of them here as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not get what the scammers are trying to do. Mug you when you come to pick it up, or ask for a deposit before you see them? There are a bunch of them here as well.

Well, if you answer they will give you a sob story like, "they were my husband's skis who died in Afghanistan" then they will tell you that they were in your area but unfortunately I have been deployed and they are in North Dakota, but the govt. will ship them back for free, just send via Paypal, or Western Union, the funds and we can make it happen. Uh Huh!

One easy way to spot them is the ski's will seldom have reg. numbers.

Lou

I will say it looks clean, but common, so is a 2008-2010 that is worth the same money he's asking.
Who knows maybe its a spouse forced "sale" ;)

I recently sold my 97 XP. it was stupid clean with low hours. I got a few hundred over book because of its condition, but nobody on this planet is going to pay thousands over book.

all the extra detail I put into my skis make them easier to sell, but not worth much more money.

I just put an ad up for a cherry X4, all maintenance done with a nice trailer for $2,200 Cash only. 3 hours later I get an email.

"Will you take $650 CASH????????"

I will say it looks clean, but common, so is a 2008-2010 that is worth the same money he's asking.
Who knows maybe its a spouse forced "sale" ;)

I recently sold my 97 XP. it was stupid clean with low hours. I got a few hundred over book because of its condition, but nobody on this planet is going to pay thousands over book.

all the extra detail I put into my skis make them easier to sell, but not worth much more money.

very true...

I just put an ad up for a cherry X4, all maintenance done with a nice trailer for $2,200 Cash only. 3 hours later I get an email.

"Will you take $650 CASH????????"

sad,, but your almost guaranteed to get at least 2-3 of those.

We can all see right thorough that add & know its not legit, Right? I mean its just so obvious because everyone knows a fireplace extinguisher will never put out a burning seadoo.... :D it's just common sense....

The good news is tho, nobody is going to get scammed on that add. Cause anybody who would fall for that one, isn't smart enough to come up with $1900 cash in the first place.

Another confused seller!
Sea Doo with trailer and permanent trailer plate. 1996 article cat tiger shark.

<edit> earlier ad had it at $900. A little lower and it would be a good trailer if you could dump the "Sea Doo Tiger Shark"

Last edited by a moderator:
299.jpg

This drives me crazy. First it's ridiculous over prices. Also there is no dang reason to have 5 listings for the same ski that has been listed for over a year now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back