Craigslist Ads - LOL

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get ready boys, this is a HOTROD Jet Ski, and to sweeten the deal it even ran the last time he used it! And just to prove it, it even has flames.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/boa/4484163949.html

Lou

Maybe i'm alone in this, but has anybody ever seen a custom paint scheme that they thought looked good on a ski? I tend to be of the belief that Seadoo did a pretty good job of colors and graphics for the most part. When i was looking for a ski i saw numerous custom jobs where somebody painted it all black and made it look stupid. Just curious what others think.

Maybe i'm alone in this, but has anybody ever seen a custom paint scheme that they thought looked good on a ski? I tend to be of the belief that Seadoo did a pretty good job of colors and graphics for the most part. When i was looking for a ski i saw numerous custom jobs where somebody painted it all black and made it look stupid. Just curious what others think.
nope, i feel the same as you on this, i wanted factory when i bought mine.

I like most of the color schemes. Theres a few I don't so much. However, I also like the naked look of the well polished skis that previously had faded & discontinued decals.

But flames on a PWC? At least there appears to a reason for the fire extinguisher I suppose.

I am a long time car guy & I have never been a fan of flames. Maybe on some of the 50's cars, & thats it.
Not going to hang any fuzzy dice from on handle bars anytime soon either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get ready boys, this is a HOTROD Jet Ski, and to sweeten the deal it even ran the last time he used it! And just to prove it, it even has flames.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/boa/4484163949.html

Lou

Dude, bad-ass! Does this come with a personalized 80's-style sports-training montage video and and Yngwie Malmsteen cassette tape? :)

518.jpg

Shake N' Bake!

Some of those auction prices amaze me. I think people get caught up in the whole idea of it & loose reality somewhere in-between. I was bidding on a state auction for a southbend metal lathe a few months back. Somebody paid $2800 for a machine that would not sell on craigslist for $2200. Plus on many auctions you can't check the stuff out. I won't pretend to understand.

Some of those auction prices amaze me. I think people get caught up in the whole idea of it & loose reality somewhere in-between. I was bidding on a state auction for a southbend metal lathe a few months back. Somebody paid $2800 for a machine that would not sell on craigslist for $2200. Plus on many auctions you can't check the stuff out. I won't pretend to understand.

That is the truth... About 10 years ago, I put our 1983 pop up camper on EBAY when we upgraded. I paid $1000 for the camper, we owned it for 4 years and only had a few hundred in it repairing odds and ends. Wound up in a bidding war the last hour and it sold for over $3000. I live in central Ohio and the winner lived in central Indiana. I felt so bad for the poor guy for paying more than triple on what it was worth, I towed it out there to him for free... My wife wanted me to give him an out as she felt bad but I told her that he was the one who decided how much he wanted to pay for it. I will say, he was happy when I dropped it off...... As was I :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back