Challenger VS Speedster??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

LakeErieDoc

I'm looking for a boat! Excited, it will be my first. Good amount of experience under my belt though.
Love the idea of a fast, maneuverable jet boat. Want it for sun, some boarding, skiing, just want to get out on the water.
Decided on about 20ft,about 7 passenger.
Heard different things comparing the engines, specifically that the Speedsters Rotax can have issues. Think the Challenger is "more boat", but not sure now.

Sure you guys can help!
Thanks!

If you are looking for a 20 ft boat, it will have to be a speedster. Challengers will be 18 ft. As far as engines, it depends on the year but they could have the same engine.

My two cents

Originally we were looking at the Challenger when we first decided on getting a boat. I had looked at several and was patient waiting for the right deal.

I came across a local dealer that had the Speedster and Challenger next to each other. In my case they were both 08's. Both carried the 215 SCIC. As you know the Speedster has twins. The maintenance issues are just that. Take of it and it will take care of you. Abuse them and you will lose them. Doesn't matter what decision you make.

We wanted a multi purpose boat . Last year it was primarily fish and pleasure cruises. This year we will get into tubing and such.

We boarded both and liked them both equally. I can tell you that we really enjoyed it. The difference in space isn't noticeable. I will tell you the storage space is. On the Speedster there is more room for your "stuff". PM me if you're looking for more info

If it is your first a single engine watercraft will be easier on the wallet and you can see things you may choose to repair, the twin engine models really squeeze a lot in there making it tough to hop in to fix things, I dip in CLE and ride to Beamans point on the other side with my old gtx, you will have lotz of fun tubing and general riding on Lake Erie.

Back