SOLD 2000 Seadoo Challenger 2000

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mgoheen

[Update: 7/10/2021
Lowed asking price to $6500. Removed some of the pictures (use the link below for better pics). Made various other updates about various things.]

[Update: 6/27/2021
I uploaded some new pictures (and removed some from below) here.

I tested the stereo, and it works. The display is a little funky, and remember, this is a 20 year old boat, no USB inputs here -- although it has a CD player (that I did NOT test).]

[Update: 6/26/2021
Launched the boat today and it’s running great. Topped out around 52 @ 6000 rpm. Steering is great with new cable (can actually turn to starboard at speed!). Cleaned up the interior a bit and will post more pics tomorrow.

My thanks to Tim and Dr. Honda for their advice last year! Really seems that the marina I took it to last year was just trying to get a free boat.]

We've really enjoyed this boat, but getting service on it is problematic and I don't have the time to really take care of it...so we stepped down to a "normal" deck boat and I'm selling our Challenger.

We had some issues last year so the boat was not on the water, but I believe it is all set now. Started it up yesterday (out of the water) and it ran well (idle). Replaced both temperature sensors and the steering cable. Boat will hit over 50 no problem (or at least it did two years ago). Engine (block), ECU, oil pump and various other items have been replaced in last 6 years (oil pump died, son ignored warning, blew engine). Some minor issues:
  • Fuel gage does not work, likely needs new sending unit.
  • Running lights may need repair. Front light works (but lens is damaged) and not sure about the rear.
  • Some of the seat covers (rear bottom seats, sun deck) have been replaced. I have the replacement kit for ALL other pieces.
  • Includes both the cover shown and a second cover (more of an indoor cover) that came with the boat.
  • Trailer has new tires in 2019. Trailer brake is likely non-functional (break away break only -- four wire harness).
  • Trailer makes some odd noise when moving, have not diagnosed this but doesn't impact short moves (which is all I do).
  • Various other items will be included (fuel filter, fuel water separator, forward/reverse cable, various bolts and misc. stuff).

Boat is currently in the 1000 Islands region of NY. I can bring it to Rochester NY if required, but only if given a non-refundable deposit of $250.

Asking $6500.

NOTE: If you see my post from last year about the "bad gearbox" -- that is what I was told by the service location I took it to last year. But I could not verify that this was ever actually an issue (and asked about it on these forums). I changed the gear oil and found NO metal or any other issues. I changed the gear oil and the stator oil last year.

pic12.jpgpic11.jpgpic13.jpgpic15.jpg

Last edited:
Note that I updated the main post (not sure if anyone is following this post, or if you get notified on an edit, so figured I’d post to trigger notifications).

I'm lowering the price to $6500. Have had some interest at the original price but would like to sell this year and we're hitting peak season up here!

I think $6500 is a very good price for this boat, but hey, I might be biased...

Sold it for $5500. Might be a great deal for the buyer, but who knows? Boat is running great and they are happy. Told them about this forum so you may see them in the future!

Back