Buzzer staying on

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr800

I have a 2007 rxp and lately at the end of the day the buzzer will just come on and won't stop until I pull the lanyard and will continue for another 20 seconds after. If I bring the lanyard to the dess post not even plugging it in and computer wakes up is will continue to make a solid tone until power shuts down approx 20 seconds. If I plug in the lanyard the solid tone will start but in the background I will hear the 4 beeps like normal when it's not started. Almost seems like there might be a short on the tan/blk wire from the buzzer but can't seem to find where to look. I took apart the steering plastics and no wires chaffed there and the rest is in black loom. Could the buzzer be bad internally? I've searched in many forums but doesn't seem like a common issue because I can't find any answers. By the next day when I plug in the lanyard problem gone so even harder to diagnose.

I'm thinking the constant signal sounds like an overheat alarm. Might try disconnecting the temp sensor(s) independently to isolate which one if that's the case. Might be the engine or exhaust is running a little too hot?

Someone recently found their 4-tec engine was running hot due to the exhaust hose leading into the waterbox was internally delaminated and causing a restriction (I seem to recall).

I agree, not always but most of the time, in 2-strokes and 4-tecs a constant buzzer indicates an over heat problem, if the engine is not overheating check the temp. sensor.

Lou

I agree, not always but most of the time, in 2-strokes and 4-tecs a constant buzzer indicates an over heat problem, if the engine is not overheating check the temp. sensor.

Lou

Would there be any message on the cluster? You've got me thinking and I did reach down and grabbed the j pipe and it was a lot warmer then it has been in the past. I can keep my hand on it so it's not hot but not cold like it normally is. The motor was just put back in. By the way back flushing it the j pipe is cold like it normally feels.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't have a copy of the factory service manual for your model, you should download that and go through the troubleshooting check charts. I'ts likely that document will lead you in the correct direction and describes how to confirm the temperature sensors are functioning correctly.

I'm thinking there's a malfunctioning sensor or most likely, the sensor is working correctly and is warning of a real problem. If you can isolate which sensor is producing the warning this will lead you to which pipe or system is malfunctioning.

Might even be something as simple as the tell-tale pisser that normally pees water overboard while the engine is running is clogged with a bees nest. If this was the case there would be an air pocket trapped in the top of the exhaust pipe I think, thus the pipe would tend to run hot and trip the sensor.

Usually when a buzzer fails, it makes no sound and this leaves the engine at risk of damage.

Some models will report the type of fault but might only sounds the buzzer, depending on the revision and model. There might be a code that's only pending and I don't think those are reported until they occur XX times or for some period of time exceeding XX minutes running time.

So I think I"d download the service manual and go through the flow charts.

Post your findings, seems there could be a number of solutions for "constant buzzer" but haven't heard of that being caused by a wiring problem unless perhaps a cable was pinched under a motor mount while the engine was being installed or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back