300 RXTX exhaust temp sensor and 12 volt short

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

RideSeadoo

I have a 2017 300 RXTX and struggling with these two codes, P2081 and P0546. I believe i created the issue with putting the 90 degree short stack air filter kit on and with it ultimately rubbing/vibrating against the sensor plug. I put a new temp sensor on and then I started getting the code for a short to the 12 volt battery. The dealer shows the female sensor plug, but no part number. I keep on ordering the plug with pigtails on amazon, but so far none fit. Does anyone know a bosch part number or some direction to steer me in to find this plug and so I can replace it. I have seen the error code go away when I move the wires on the end of the plug. Also I have read that one can tighten the pins on the ecu. I have not taken the ecu off and would like a picture of these pins to tighten and maybe if you have the pin numbers for this model that I would tighten. Is there a manual that i should get to further help me? I bought my ski used and it did not show up with the manual. Thank you for any help in advance.

) "I have seen the error code go away when I move the wires on the end of the plug"
says ECU is probably fine and is connection problem or wrong sensor.
2) "I keep on ordering the plug with pigtails on amazon, but so far none fit."
what the hell does that mean ? Take picture new old connection.
3) What error were you getting before new sensor ?

You can test with multi-meter.
Get the shop manual.
Partszilla says: Temperature Sensor 278002895 by Sea-Doo $12 lots of places

Sea-Doo 278002895 - Temperature Sensor | Partzilla.com
these guys talk about bosh:
Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor Replacement

Thanks for your quick response and help.
1. First it said error "p2081" error code, so I replaced the exhaust temp sensor with an aftermarket specifically for seadoo 300 rxtx. After I unplugged and changed sensor I still had p2081 error and then new error code "p0546". I wiggled the connector and error when away for a very short time, but i still had p2081 error. Then I know I saw error "p0118" and then it was gone. Now I still have the firts two errors.
2. See picture of plug and two wires. I can't seem to buy this duplicate plug.
3. Before I touched anything I would get one error only "p2081".
Where should I get my shop manual?
Thk again

Attachments

• 20240120_120058.jpg
    20240120_120058.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240120_120116.jpg
    20240120_120116.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 4
You have damaged wires and/or connectors on the EGT circuit. The wires and connector are part of your main wire harness which is available new from Seadoo or used on eBay. Seadoo connectors are not common. Any wires shorted or open can be traced and fixed. You have opened a can of worms. The newer pirated shop manuals are available on eBay in PDF format. South Main Auto on You Tube has some great videos of diagnosing/finding open and shorted circuits.

Back