Engine alarm frustration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Aquaman1

I have a 2004 Sea-Doo challenger 2000 with the mercury 240 hp EFI M2 Jet Drive. Here is my problem. When I idle out of the marina it runs fine. I go to throttle up no problem. Throttle up and get on plane then in about 20 seconds the buzzer alarm goes. It alarms for about 3 to 5 seconds during the initial sounding of the alarm the engine looses some power for a second or two then back to normal power. If I only accelerate to about 3000 RPMs the alarm doesn’t go off. Put it back at idle no alarm go back to full throttle 15 seconds later the alarm goes off sounds until for a couple seconds then goes off. I was thinking it is a overtemperature overheating alarm however the water bypass is warm to the touch but not hot. I can touch the top of the cylinder heads and thermostat area and it is not hot. Doesn’t seem like the engine is overheating. I have tested the throttle position sensor with a volt meter and reads within normal limits. I have checked all of the coil packs with a in-line spark plug tester and all are firing. When I run it on the water hose at home the alarm does not go off. Please Help!

I have a 2004 Sea-Doo challenger 2000 with the mercury 240 hp EFI M2 Jet Drive. Here is my problem. When I idle out of the marina it runs fine. I go to throttle up no problem. Throttle up and get on plane then in about 20 seconds the buzzer alarm goes. It alarms for about 3 to 5 seconds during the initial sounding of the alarm the engine looses some power for a second or two then back to normal power. If I only accelerate to about 3000 RPMs the alarm doesn’t go off. Put it back at idle no alarm go back to full throttle 15 seconds later the alarm goes off sounds until for a couple seconds then goes off. I was thinking it is a overtemperature overheating alarm however the water bypass is warm to the touch but not hot. I can touch the top of the cylinder heads and thermostat area and it is not hot. Doesn’t seem like the engine is overheating. I have tested the throttle position sensor with a volt meter and reads within normal limits. I have checked all of the coil packs with a in-line spark plug tester and all are firing. When I run it on the water hose at home the alarm does not go off. Please Help!
Have you checked the temperature sender in the head?

Do you have the electric oil pump? Is it pumping the proper amount of oil?

Yes it have tested both of the temperatures sensor. I man not sure how to test the oil pump. The engine does not overheat at rpm less than 3000. I have run the boat for over 30 minutes at low rpm, therefore I think if the oil pump was not working the engine would have locked up by now.

Attachments

• 3A496509-9BDC-422C-80EA-6846D3CB6F56.jpeg
    3A496509-9BDC-422C-80EA-6846D3CB6F56.jpeg
    599.3 KB · Views: 3
I need to check the raw water intakes in the pump. I might only be getting water from one. When I back flushed the line on the port side the engine water only went into the pump from the top 2 o’clock position. I need to check the inlets.

I need to check the raw water intakes in the pump. I might only be getting water from one. When I back flushed the line on the port side the engine water only went into the pump from the top 2 o’clock position. I need to check the inlets.
The 5 holes are at about 2:00 together. Not spaced around the inside of the ring.

There is supposed to be an o-ring at the water passage. I don’t remember if the o-ring is in the tunnel casting or the wear ring casting. About the size of a garden hose washer. But it’s not one.

Back