Buying advise 2007 RXP 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

spx1997

I'm looking for purchasing advise on a 2007 RXP 155. It only has 85 hours on it and it hasn't been run in 2 years. The RXP was running rough when it was put away 2 years ago.

Is the 2007 RXP 155 a good year and model, what kind of problems do they have? I haven't seen many posts on them. What should I check for? I'm going to do a compression test on it and hopefully get it started. I will check for leaks as a result of poor winterizing. I am a bit worried about some of the seals with only 85 hours on it. If it runs I will put it in the water for a quick ride. Any advise would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know, or can you find out what the HP is? I think the RXP was Super Charged (SC) in that year. Either way, the 155 engine is fantastic. It can go for 1000 hours if even marginal proper maintenance is done to it. If it is SC'd, the the SC'er needs rebuilt. Not because of the hours, but because in 07 they had ceramic washers which fail and then destroy the engine. So just assume it needs rebuilt when cutting a deal.

Thanks it is not the SC version so I'm hoping that will mean less $$ in maintenance and a longer running engine.

It does mean less money in the long run. But I have to tell you, I LOVE my SC'd engine. Just a joy to drive. You will like the 155 engine. Very proven to run well and last many years.

Forum posters beware when asking for buying advise! There are people on this site that troll the postings, a person from Ontario called the seller of the RXP I was looking at and tried to buy it before I meet with the seller tonight! To that person, you got what was coming to you! You lost your wallet on that purchase. If it was a good deal I would have bought it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back