Which Speedster?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Yorkie3621

Firstly, is it speedster or sportster?

I'm not into going fast, just looking for a bigger version of a jetski that my wife and I can cruise around some coves and drop anchor and float for a few hours, then climb back in and have a cocktail and chill. I'm good mechanically, but I'm looking for the most reliable version. My research so far is telling me I should look for a 155 2007 or newer. Is that right?

I'm in the Charlotte, NC area and I'll probably have a budget of around 8-9k.

Thanks so much for all your help.

I don’t have a ton of experience with the other boat models outside what I bought. (2010 challenger 210se) but I did check a bunch of them out when I was shopping. Seems to me that you can’t really go wrong with the model, just a matter of size and features and whether you want one or two motors. If you’re looking for reliability and simplicity, probably a single motor without the supercharger. However, having dual motors attracted me because I like the idea of limping home on one motor when needed. It’s actually come in handy when my wife sucked a rope in our port side motor.

For what it’s worth, mine is supercharged and it’s still pretty reliable, just more to maintain the super chargers when they need service every couple years. Finding a boat that’s been cared for is the most important part of course.

Only a piece of what you’re looking for, but hopefully provides a little insight.

Back