BORED with Winter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
since we rarely have unacceptable weather for outside activities, my garage hobbies tend to sit for long periods unless they are taking up space that the car would, as in a part out, those get taken apart fast and crated up, the hull goes bye bye quickly. The last real cold snap we had (4 weeks, no riding) I put plywood floors on about 400 feet of my attic, added shelves, florescent lights, and little cubbies for oddball Christmas stuff, etc, its kind of nice up there now, and my AC guy loves the setup. (no more duck walking across trusses) That was 2 years ago :) It hasn't been cold since :)

Is that attic over your garage or the whole house? We will need more space once, if ever we move down to FL. :)
I can get to the garage attic but not sure about the space over the house. I think I only have 2x6 for trusses, will it support heavy weight?? it has a dry wall garage ceiling but nothing in the attic.

I'll look at it next time I visit you.

I've got plenty of work to do this winter on the XP, SPX, and then 2 more projects after that. I have to have something to work on during winter or I'll go crazy.
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg

It was my dad's way back! It's scary to ride but fun as hell. I put a 5 horse Briggs and Stratton on it.

You can burn a set of tires off it in a matter of minutes

The boat is an 84 tide craft with a Nissan Ns70a motor. It's been an amazing boat. My pops bought it new, then I bought it from him. The only work ever done is carb work and I had to replace the power pack. Still runs like new

Is that attic over your garage or the whole house? We will need more space once, if ever we move down to FL. :)
I can get to the garage attic but not sure about the space over the house. I think I only have 2x6 for trusses, will it support heavy weight?? it has a dry wall garage ceiling but nothing in the attic.

I'll look at it next time I visit you.

lol, just over the garage, that gave me PLENTY of storage space, mainly for oddball stuff like xmas decorations and ski parts, exhaust pipes, pumps, coolers that get used twice a year, the first big step was investing in the Attic stairs (thanks Craigslist !) before I installed stairs, I kept literally nothing up top, since it was too dam hard to get in/out of the attic. It helped that I had a bunch of spare wood laying around, killed 2 birds with one stone, got rid of that stack of wood, AND got a bunch of stuff upstairs.

BUY IT !!!!!!!!!

That thing is SWEET !!!!

As you know... I have a Polaris Genesis. It's Polaris' 4 passenger ski. I originally bought it so the wife could ride without feeling like she was falling off. BUT, it gets more use than my XP. If you are heading out on a "Long" ride... they have a lot of fuel, and a lot of storage. Not to mention... in running condition, it's worth $4k ~ $6K. (People want them)

If nothing else, you can flip it and make good $$$ once it's running.

FYI... It's the only 951 ski I would own.

83.jpg

Hah! I know I want it but no room at all for it! If you want it Doc I'll pick it up for you, you can fly into KC and drive it back home! I bet I could get it for a grand...

I live in Dayton Ohio and we have a winter storm warning. Six to eight inches of snow today! At least I get to play with the big snow blower tonight!

Im going out on the lake tomorrow.. its going to be cold thought... lower 80's kind of get's to me.

Im going out on the lake tomorrow.. its going to be cold thought... lower 80's kind of get's to me.

don't get me started ! It was 72 last sunday on this ride, one of the guys had to wear a jacket !

22.jpg

I'm telling you, its just awful out there with 70's in december, crazy stuff ! and you don't want to hear about that awful chop, a good 4 inches, not a happy camper :(

Hey another Canadian! Right on. I've got a '97 gsx project this winter as well. non runner, but all it needed was a starter, voltage regulator, and some VTS work. Oh, and the usual carbs, fuel lines, fuel gauge.. etc. BTW I know a local guy who has a great deal on parts. PM me if you are interested.

Dan

These GSX's seem to be hard to come by. Lots of GTX and GTI models. Where do you ride? Oh and I am always looking for parts. Mostly small stuff.

Its getting colder here in the north. Putting new wave runners together at work. Sitting on them machines is making me even more depressed lol. I wish I had the room to bring in both machines, that way I could give my XP a once over too.

Winter has made me start to think of mods and such. I hate having all these thoughts running around lol. For the GSX, I have been using parts from a '97 GTI at work(parts machine), to replace what was missing from mine. Some are cosmetic things too like, the steering bar plastic shroud and handle bar grips. I have been looking at the mirrors and have this crazy idea to swap them over. Is this possible? Even though the hoods are different, they seem to have a similar shape around the mounting area. Or do I just get a full hood+mirrors from an RFI model? Since I was able to clean up my original deep blue/purple hood, I just thought the yellow mirrors would look good lol. I don't know, I think I just get too excited with new toys lol.

that would be $600 w/a blown engine and everything in it. Hull only? $20.00

I'd turn it into an electric jet ski! with all the stock I now own in Tesla, maybe they'd send me some batteries..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back