BORED with Winter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad deal actually...

You guys come down here and ride with me and Spim. Come on kick the fogging oil out of those things!

So am I ... I'm so bored... I could have had a 97 gsx that was running rough( gray fuel lines) for 500 bucks but I just don't have the room in my garage! Damn it! It looked sweet too. Very good condition cosmetically. So I just decided to mod my 95 xp. See what happens. I really want a spark though! ;)

ME too! There is a guy in my town selling a single engine sportster for $1500 on a trailer that looks in really good condition but does not get to full rpm that I have been thinking about picking up just to fix but my wife keeps knocking it down because I have too many toys and no place to put it! LOL....

http://columbus.craigslist.org/boa/4224093540.html

i cut grass after work and trimmed hedges, picked some lemons and wife made lemonade ........

Rub it in Jeff while many of us sit indoors with blankets and furnaces running dreaming of spring :)

I have been working on my new to me 96 GSX when I can. Got the missing ignition parts I need and been trying to bring back the finish. Its looking good but, need to get it running. I am already telling my self that, I could have used my XP more this summer. Why does winter have to be so long?

Hey another Canadian! Right on. I've got a '97 gsx project this winter as well. non runner, but all it needed was a starter, voltage regulator, and some VTS work. Oh, and the usual carbs, fuel lines, fuel gauge.. etc. BTW I know a local guy who has a great deal on parts. PM me if you are interested.

Dan

My ski has been winterized and put away in garage since first week in October. Damn. Spim where are you located? I'm in NYC.

You guys need more hobbies, I'm never bored. Build a shop, work on stuff--anything. One of the things I'm rebuilding right now is my neighbors pond pump. It's actually really cool, it's got a double carbon seal set up to keep the water out of the motor. So the seal broke and the front bearing wasted so that is my project for a few hours, install a new bearing and replace the seal set up. Waiting on the seal kit.

If your all so bored your welcome to come to my shop for a weekend or 2. I have a ton of stuff to repair/upgrade/maintain on my seadoos. If anyone is good with ATV's I have a couple of those that need a good going over as well. Oh ya, and I need new carpet in the boat.

I need the long Canadian winters just to get ready again for the summer.:thumbsup:

You guys need more hobbies, I'm never bored. Build a shop, work on stuff--anything. One of the things I'm rebuilding right now is my neighbors pond pump. It's actually really cool, it's got a double carbon seal set up to keep the water out of the motor. So the seal broke and the front bearing wasted so that is my project for a few hours, install a new bearing and replace the seal set up. Waiting on the seal kit.

Where would we all be without a shop/shed/garage? I am sure if you traced back the origin of all the things we have and use today, the invention or the idea came out of someone's backyard shed. Other then the bathroom, I think sheds are where men do their best thinking.

LRV lol. That's a beast

BUY IT !!!!!!!!!

That thing is SWEET !!!!

As you know... I have a Polaris Genesis. It's Polaris' 4 passenger ski. I originally bought it so the wife could ride without feeling like she was falling off. BUT, it gets more use than my XP. If you are heading out on a "Long" ride... they have a lot of fuel, and a lot of storage. Not to mention... in running condition, it's worth $4k ~ $6K. (People want them)

If nothing else, you can flip it and make good $$$ once it's running.

FYI... It's the only 951 ski I would own.

83.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a bit of a hike for me, maybe if they delivered it!

I have winter hobbies... just installed a 80,000 BTU propane furnace in the shop, along with nearly 3,000 sq ft of R30 and R19 insulation.
R19 is crap. R30 is awesome! So far I've been keeping the garage set at 40, but it's been 45-50 lately. I haven't had a need to push it over 50.

When it wasn't insulated (and it was like 25 out) I couldn't get it over 55. Now, with insulation, it's crazy easy to get it warm... just haven't had a need to yet. Maybe this weekend, when I'm cleaning out the new toy... I finally wore the old man down, and bought his old boat...

a 1990 Chris Craft 245 LTD Cuddy, with OMC King Kobra 460 in it...

Now I need to vacuum, buff, scrape, clean, paint, new audio, new led lights, etc, etc, etc...

Boat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
since we rarely have unacceptable weather for outside activities, my garage hobbies tend to sit for long periods unless they are taking up space that the car would, as in a part out, those get taken apart fast and crated up, the hull goes bye bye quickly. The last real cold snap we had (4 weeks, no riding) I put plywood floors on about 400 feet of my attic, added shelves, florescent lights, and little cubbies for oddball christmas stuff, etc, its kind of nice up there now, and my AC guy loves the setup. (no more duck walking across trusses) That was 2 years ago :) It hasn't been cold since :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back