Asked?...since when?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

red2blue

When have I asked for info here?

Do you think that manual spam was from me? ...seriously?

The board guarding their "right" to censor is fine(vulgar language), but to do so at the cost...no pun intended...of reducing the amount of pertainant info to casual usuers here...borders on the suicidal.

I've nought asked a single mod or performance question, of any consequence, since I was told of this place....but I have seen basic and seemingly amaturish ie noob questions go unanswered for months...(yeah..I read the archives when I first got here)

To ask for "premium" membership to answer questions...is paying someone's bills. Most places let the procedes from the store handle the cost of running the site.

And if you guys truelly believe I was asking for fundage for my asnwering questions here...questions for the most part goning unanswered by any mod....then your sarcasm meters are faulty.

There are so many knowledgable people out there....to restrict those voices and info...because you don't recieve any recompence...wether monetarliy or the accolades of your peers...is sad.

One more thing....closing a thread to get the last word is your perogative...but reopening it to add another....last word? Par, I guess.

Communication is a two way street....wanna speak your mind and don't feel comfortable making it public...feel free to message me...unless my mailbox won't receive it?

...Kinda like why my mailbox won't send certain info.

sounds to me u got more problems than with your ski, u should open a thread on how to get the chip off your shoulder, seems all u did is open this thread to start an argument, or the cheese just started to slip off your cracker...... the holidays must be gettin to you

red2blue, thousands of members have saved hundreds of dollars here. We don't force anyone to sign up for premium membership. As you stated the money collected goes toward server fees and other things for the forum. (ie the events we have as well as the shirts we give out) You aren't forced to be here. The free membership has been enjoyed by over 40k members and many have all saved money with out contributing a dime to the site which is 100% ok, thats what the forum was started for as a place to help..

hfgreg,

Yeah...lotsa people here have been helped and saved money w/o spending a dime here. I'd like think I've helped more than one in that regard. On the other hand there is a bigger world out there and some of these folks could be helped by those with more real life experience and expertise. To restrict even mention of an outside world seems rediculous to me....dunno...not a business man. I understand conflict of interest but clearly not every aspect of that vien applies.

You're again correct when you say I wasn't forced to be here. However...upon my arrival I was welcomed to enjoy and participate...albeit within some tight*** rules.

If I've offended your loyal followers...heh...wasn't intended, but communication is a two way street. To jump my sht over something as trivial as the beginnings here screems of being defensive to a fault.

..........do what you will.

red2blue,
what is your major malfunction ????????? looks like your gonna need a couple of things pretty soon, a bigger shirt (cause that friggen chip on your shoulder just got alot bigger) and some paper towels, (cause the cheese that slipped off your cracker, got on your new shirt), greg says things in a nice way, man, but really, if u have a problem here, why are u here ???? u say tight rules ???? we can say just about anything we want to around here, and we usually do, as far as manuals and premium memberships - when u joined was a premium membership is and still offered to everyone, just cause you dont want one, dont rag on the people who wants one. if u think by u cryin over the rules here they are gonna change, u are nuttier than squirrel shit.

Obviously, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Please disregard any and all previous statements.

You, griz400, will be the better off for it.

sorry i sugar coated last post, i read some of your posts to threads after people already answered them, your just like a blister, u show up after the works done, i know u singled out greg in your last post, and when he gets up this morning, he will probably boot ur ass off the site , your just like some people i work with, guess your to stupid to understand, that someone has to be the boss, and here, guess what, ur not.

When I joined as a premium member, I had been a regular member for over a year, I joined to help support the forum. I had already downloaded the manuals elsewhere and since I became a premium member have never asked for premium member support.

The rule not to give links to other sites is simple, this site has sponsors, so it would not be fair to them to point to other sites. If a user chooses not to support the site sponsors he is free to google to another supplier. As far as manuals they are available on other sites for free that fact has never been a secret, anyone who has ever used an computer can find another source.

There were other factors involved in banning the original poster, and in fact he has been asked to rejoin the forum if he will follow the rules.

I assume you knew the rules of this forum before you joined, so if you didn't like the rules the question has to be. Why did you join? Maybe another forum would suit you better.

Lou

red2blue,
yur right, ole Griz is a bit on the slow side where me on the other hand, I dun graduated from the 3rd grade. I think what Griz is trying to say is, the Forum has rules, you voluntarily joined the forum and by default agreed to abide by those rules. You haven't broken any rules that I see but if you want to question the reason for their existance I don't think the forum moderators would have an issue with that. But I might suggest you take a more calm and diplomatic approach than a maniacal rant. I don't quite understand all the rules myself (eg, why charge for manuals that are readily available elsewhere) but without knowing the business model it is not up to us to judge how the site is run. There is apparently some arrangement with SeadooWarehouse to at least in part sponsor the site, so it would make sense that there is a restriction (possibly part of the agreement with SeadooWarehouse) that disallows links to other parts suppliers. But again without knowing the business model and what it takes to keep the site up and running, it is not within our perogative to crticize how the site is run.

Part of your rant had to do with questions going unaswered. I personally very rarely see that happen. But keep in mind, questions are answered by other members and moderators who are expert mechanics who donate their time to help us. Unless someone paid for a Premium Membership, they should have no expectation of a guarantee their question will be answered.

As someone who joined this forum a few years ago as a complete PWC illiterate, I have 2 skis that run in excellent condition due to the help and education I've received from the forum for FREE. And Lord knows when I first joined I asked some newbie dumbass questions, but they were all answered by people who had the patience to answer the same question for the millionth time. So thank you SeadooForum.

Now if ya'll want to talk about anything else that is troubling ya, well ya'll just take a stop over and Ask Jake, Lou & Criss and we'll crack open a cold one, look at some nekid girls and give ya some good advice. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Deer Jake,
Me and Otis want to no who yu got to rite all them upity werds in yur post? Theys rite perty!

Deer Jake,
Me and Otis want to no who yu got to rite all them upity werds in yur post? Theys rite perty!

I's kinda figured ya'll would figure out that I didn't write them there words myself. Sis, went off to one of them there fancy colleges and she has been wantin to join this here forum cause she is just like that Marisa Tomei In "My Cousin Vinnie". She is an expert mechanic and cuter than a duck wearin a hat. So Sis dun wrote that there response to the colored feller; red2blue

Lou,

It's not just supplier's links that're blocked. When I found this board..it amazed me. So many people were asking basic questions....and getting little if any help. Or..and as you can probably tell, my personal favorite...being directed toward a payferplay alternative. This ain't St. red2blue talkin...but if I can help the noob get answers in a timely manner I will...just like what was given me way back when...not here...but still.

Seriously...

I enjoy helping others. I ain't got nuthin against any here, with the exception of a dumbss or two. But, I rankle when I see efforts to guard info like it was golum's precious.

I've been following this thread since it started and I didn't know (no) what initially caused it. I originally thought it was the one that listed all the years for manuals but that was from Middy
I went back and searched some of the thread/posts of Red2Blue and I found one that he (I thought in a kidding way) asked for a stipend. I can only assume that someone sent him a private message and probably "corrected" him. If Dr Honda, Bill, Chester, Foster, Ski-doo, Minne and his brother and many others got paid for questions they would be another Bill Gates.
I've learned a lot here since July and even with all the kidding around, I take it with a grain of salt and go on. I do see mention of other sites but I think it's for stuff that SDwarehouse doesn't carry.
Jake & Lou I like the way you handled it in your last couple posts. I also see that R2B has his PM closed, don't know if that was his choice or not.
I agree...let's be friendly and have a couple cold brews together.

Happy New Year to all a few hours early......

Seadoobuddy,

My pm feature has been fckd up for a long time...edited...blocked...whatever. I quit trying to use it long ago.

Seadoobuddy,

My pm feature has been fckd up for a long time...edited...blocked...whatever. I quit trying to use it long ago.

are you sure it just isn't full, you can only have a total of 30 messges in your inbox, outbox and saved. You have to manually clean out the folders when you reach the limit or you wil not be able to send or receive PMs

Good catch Jake. I just happened to notice around Thanksgiving that mine was up to about 27 total messages, now i keep an eye on it. :lurk:

Jake,

My inbox has 6 messages in it....going back to '09. The last from greg the other day...previous was aug11. Not a big deal anymore.

red2blue, you should be able to send and receive messages now. A member most likely reported a message that you sent in the past..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back