1997 xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bornsinner

New to site and jet ski few friends had them back when this thing was new.And i wanted a new one so bad , turned out need spend my time and money on a kid ........fast forward kids raised, back in town grew up bro never got of a boat. Decided i want a jet ski the one i fell for all those years ago . Played with hot rods, bike , 4x4 anything fast and loud .Bud never 2 stroke got some learnin ( yep tn its learnin here) to do .I know cost more buy a pos then something that runs ,but it will break . And i wont know shit about it ,atleast this way i know what i got for sure and can fix it when it breaks.I will break it Build it Send it Break it repeat. So lets get started with the i dont know shit yet questions .And we will work up to good ones later. I found a 95xp almost free its cheaper then one of the 2 jugs i need is on ebay and im thinking there could be other usefull parts for my ski or to sell off .But like i said dont know what fits what yet but from what ive read on here im thinking i can use the 95 for parts on the 97 .Thanks for any help and info

The 95 and 97 XP are completely different skis. Almost nothing is interchangeable. The 95 is the X4 hull with a 717cc motor that makes 85hp. The 97 is the newer hull with the suspension seat and the 787cc motor making 110hp. They have completely different riding styles, and the only thing they really have in common is the name.

There was an XP800 in 95, so if it’s that ski, you’ll be able to swap some of the engine parts. The 787 ski had the all yellow hull, and the regular XP with the 717 had a white top half and yellow bottom.

Its a green bottom white top but nice to know i can look for some 95 i thought there was some 95 with 787 but like said lot learnin to do thanks for info .Im sure there is a list somewere on the old interweb maybe even here but if someone could post list of 787 models off top there head whould be my hero for atleast a few days !!!!

Need Pictures. LOL This is a 1996 SPX with the 717 engine.

Attachments

• SPX Clean up.jpg
    SPX Clean up.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 7
Its on fb so a screen shot all i had and a 2 or the new hole in my wallet

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-30-09-19-53.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-30-09-19-53.png
    676.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190527_143630.jpg
    20190527_143630.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 20190527_143713.jpg
    20190527_143713.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 7
I have a 1998 XPL and a parts ski as well. One day I gotta get started on that thing. :) If you find you need some parts I am scrapping the second ski. I'm pulling parts of and tossing it. Parts will be cheap. Good Luck man !!

Well i know i need both jugs . Seems it flooded ate the pistons he said went strat home pulled it apart . After reading lot of info on here get why he flooded bottem end with oil its seems smooth as glass .But i need every thing between bottom end and the head, jugs exhaust manifold and im sure some more stuff like rebuild kit

Are you looking around nashville? I think I saw that “95” on Facebook... It’s not a 95. That’s an earlier ski with the 657 motor, so it’s not going to help you at all...

The 95 xp is just above nashville has ski and trailer listed but i got 2 trailers already said 100 for ski only thinks he can sell the clean trailer easier but dont look like it would be much help

No, that ones not going to be much help. I know I saw a 96XP around here for a decent price that looked like it might be an easy candidate to turn I to a good ski. I’ll have to see if I can find it again... I’m right up the road in Mount Juliet, so let me know if you need help with anything.

Yeah, there’s a yellow 96XP in Park City that the guy might be willing to deal on... At least that one has the same motor as the 97. You might find that you like the X4 better and want to build that one up though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back