Aftermarket Ideas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jetskigoodies

I am going to look into buying one this Friday. However I am wondering how fast the am parts are going to hit the market. I was thinking of getting the optional storage compartment but then I got to thinking that the area designated for this would be perfect for a sound system. It looks to me me that there is an opening in the front and back and apparently an optional 7.5 gallon storage box can go there, so there is a bit of space to house a radio/speaker setup. if a company could come up with a marine radio and mounted speakers that could mount right into that area and have the controls on the backside but have a panel/deflector that would flow with the body lines in the front and lets say keep it around $300-$400 range I would buy one for sure.

I am sure I am not the only one thinking about some nice custom am parts to add on.

I know the obvious things will come quick, exhaust, steering, intakes all of our favorites.
I just know I would love a radio that cosmetical and realisticly fits. It would be nice if it had an area to keep your ipod that is built in as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to hear any thoughts on what guys may want.

Call me crazy... but I never cared about a sound system in a ski. Heck, most of the time... I don't even have the radio on, when on the boat. Normally, on a 2-stroke, it's too hard to get good sound over the engine, and wind noise.

Word going around is that V-tech is developing a re-flash for the Bosch ecu that makes it 110hp immediately. Sounds like they were holding back a lot of power on us. I understand they can not afford a reliability issue.

Word going around is that V-tech is developing a re-flash for the Bosch ecu that makes it 110hp immediately. Sounds like they were holding back a lot of power on us. I understand they can not afford a reliability issue.

How much do you think a service like that would run? I am sure that would void the warranty so it looks like that is something I would do down the line.

We'll have details soon. And yes, with a flash the power can exceed 90. Hard to guarantee 110 until an actual PWC is flashed, but should be close.

How much do you think a service like that would run? I am sure that would void the warranty so it looks like that is something I would do down the line.

I have no idea. I just started playing with 951's. I rode a 4-Tec for the first time last weekend and confirmed that I love my two-strokes.

Standard warranty is 1 year, that's not too long to wait, lol.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Most dealers will giveyou an extended BEST warranty. Right now a couple dealers around are offering 2 extra years

They are moving quick with spark stuff. They must already have all the graphics ready and waiting

[video=youtube;NR8M2-2AOW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR8M2-2AOW4[/video]

Here are some graphic kits

http://scsunlimited.com/sea-doo/

Just my style

001d90a4a51d7348466fa5c80914140c_zps6a2e9340.jpg

that ski is so small! OMG i love it! It's hard to tell the size in photos, but with the guy standing next to it, I get a better idea of the size.

yip, offer it reliable and stock, then let the modders do what modders do best, and then its their problem not the factory's.. actually makes sense.

I sorta hate to start nit-picking without even seeing the ski in person, but what the hell!! If I were buying one I would by a yellow one, I also like the orange but in KY you can't ride an orange ski. I wouldn't stop me from buying one, but I would like to see a yellow seat and a yellow handlebar cover.

Lou

I sorta hate to start nit-picking without even seeing the ski in person, but what the hell!! If I were buying one I would by a yellow one, I also like the orange but in KY you can't ride an orange ski. I wouldn't stop me from buying one, but I would like to see a yellow seat and a yellow handlebar cover.

Lou

Like the Model T-- "You can have it an any color, as long as it's black."

I do think it would be great to have your stuff match, again it will probably be available as an accessory.

Why no orange, you can sip your Kentucky Orange Blossoms after a day of riding.

Like the Model T-- "You can have it an any color, as long as it's black."

I do think it would be great to have your stuff match, again it will probably be available as an accessory.

Why no orange, you can sip your Kentucky Orange Blossoms after a day of riding.

University of Tenn. color is orange.

Lou

You may be correct; but I personally want the iBR. I rode another one, and the way they start in neutral, and move no where was very impressive.

Lever trim may not be easy, if you have the iBR system.

Zero desire for the ibr. I've used them.. meh! Really not a selling point for me. Been riding skis for over 20 years without it.. I'd rather that lever be a trim system. Just my preference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Yeah there is a V Tech tune available soon , it has been used on the Skidoo 900 ACE ...

I was told more like 105hp and there is a reliable 160 hp turbo ...

But the 105 hp tune must use 98 oct min ...

Yeah there is a V Tech tune available soon , ...............

But the 105 hp tune must use 98 oct min ...

98 ??? It's not worth feeding it race fuel. (pain in the butt) Besides... if they are adding that much timing... it could be dangerous for the recreational guys. Also... what are they bumping the RPM's too? On a PWC... more HP means nothing if you don't gain RPM's too.

What can they do with 92?

I think for mine... the first thing will be a low boost turbo. I would be happy with 110 hp, and being able to run regular pump fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back