advice?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jreitter

looking at buying a 2003 gtx 4 tech. obviously its a 4 stroke so it doesnt need the mixed fuel but i was wondering about oil changes? how often and what not? i was also wondering if theres anything else that im going to be caught off guard by once i start the ownership and the routine maintenance.

Do you have a Super Charger?

I think the book calls for every 50 hrs. I change mine at the end if the season no matter the hours. Why? No water or contaminants sitting in my engine over the winter.

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

Engine oil. Every year.
..coolant 2 years
..spark plugs - nearly every year.
..re-grease under the spinner cover every year for salt water- 2 for fresh and check for water inside.
... Spray anti corrosion inside engine compartment and where manual states yearly.
...flush after trailering pwc per owners manual.
... Lube cables per owner/shop manual
Take the seats off an store in out of the weather location at the end of season.

thanks. the ski has 64 hours on it and is being bought from a dealership...they tell me they have thoroughly checked over it and replaced a couple heat sensors. i just sold a 97 xp which was nearly impossible to ride with 2 people which is why im in the market. i fear ill miss my xp as it was a load of fun riding alone lol

Well I went and was able to cut a deal. It didn't come with an owners manual so I guess my only question right now would be does this have a vts? There's isn't a button on the bars and I don't see it on the program screen.

wasnt sure. also my old 97 xp peed out the left side of the ski so i could always look down to make sure it was cooling the engine. this one obviously has an internal cooler but how do i know if its taking water in to cool the exhaust?

I'm not sure where it pissed out for the 05. My 03 GTX pissed out the port side and my 08 RXT I have no clue lol. If it doesn't cool you'll know because of the exhaust temp sensor. It'll scream at you if it gets hot.

wasnt sure. also my old 97 xp peed out the left side of the ski so i could always look down to make sure it was cooling the engine. this one obviously has an internal cooler but how do i know if its taking water in to cool the exhaust?
Through the Exhaust. That is why you need to flush it with a hose (while the engine is running) after it's on the trailer to get the scum/salt out.

Can anybody recommend a certain octain to run in this ski? I was told 93 but kinda want a second opinion from you experts

Can anybody recommend a certain octain to run in this ski? I was told 93 but kinda want a second opinion from you experts

If you had a super charger I would say 93.. I say 89 you'll be fine.. I have a buddy who runs nothing but 87 in his 130 and has never had a problem.. To be safe I would say 89 atleast..

If you had a super charger I would say 93.. I say 89 you'll be fine.. I have a buddy who runs nothing but 87 in his 130 and has never had a problem.. To be safe I would say 89 atleast..

89 is fine.. As noted, I also know many that run 87 and never have an issue. I have a SC so I run 91 or higher. Probably don't need to, but I'm changing nothing as it runs fantastic.

89 is fine.. As noted, I also know many that run 87 and never have an issue. I have a SC so I run 91 or higher. Probably don't need to, but I'm changing nothing as it runs fantastic.

Believe it or not, I ran my first half a season with 87 on my supercharger..with the cost of refueling on the water for 93 it was outrageous.. It didn't run half bad.. I now strictly run 93 in my ski and just conserve fuel if I'm running low on the water to make the day.. Not a huge difference in 87-93 performance wise.. But you can see the difference in the plugs..

Believe it or not, I ran my first half a season with 87 on my supercharger..with the cost of refueling on the water for 93 it was outrageous.. It didn't run half bad.. I now strictly run 93 in my ski and just conserve fuel if I'm running low on the water to make the day.. Not a huge difference in 87-93 performance wise.. But you can see the difference in the plugs..

I agree,,, in most cases not a BIG deal. I am super anal about my toys and would MUCH rather ride them as compared to fix them. Once I do something and it works, I go with it.. I figure its cheap insurance. Lets say the difference is 200 dollars a year from the 87 to the 91/93. There are very few things I can fix on my ski for 200 dollars. Worth every penny to me... LOL

Well guys I fueled up with 89 and hit the water. I idled up river for a few then half throttle and then full throttle. Not 30 seconds after I hit wide open it had a long beep and the check engine light and words started flashing on my screen. Is there a way to check this to see if its a sensor or anything? I have a code reader for cars but not sure if this is the same

When it comes to the sensor that lets you know if your engine is over heating.. I would be very worried.. I would swap that out before you ride again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back