99 seadoo gs advice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hey good morning everyone, Im new to the pwc crowd and working currently on my first seadoo. I apologize for the long read I'm not sure what all would be relevant so I want to include everything. Its a 99 seadoo gs I bought it in non working condition and found it to be some fuses and gas issues.(grey lines) I Replaced all of those along with the fuel selector switch and got it running. Then being an idiot I didnt locktite all my bolts in and one spun loose and went down the carb. This got caught by the rotary valve and caused it to gouge metal on the crankcase surface along with the rotary valve cover. I ended up pulling the engine and buying a new to me crankcase and rotary cover. Along with a new rotary valve and gear. I reassembled the engine with new gaskets but all the internals reused. After fighting with the carb to get it tuned I had it running what I thought was good at 3200-3500 out of water rpm. But for the life of me I couldn't get it to start in the water. it cranks good for almost 10 minutes(not straight) but no start i hear it wanting to but it never quite catches. I did a compression test on both cylinders with the throttle wide open and got 123 mag side and 124 driveshaft side. I believe that's my problem as those numbers are low and that could cause issues starting under load. Im wondering if a top end rebuild would be enough of if I need to do a new/remanufactured crank as well. The cylinder walls are mirror smooth I just bought a bore gauge and will measure them sometime soon. Thanks for any advice.

Just to add total new parts I have done are, Fuel lines, Fuel pickup baffle, Fuel selector, New Mikuni Carb, New ignition coil, New spark plugs, and the new to me crankcase.

Back