2003 GTX 4Tec

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

acooper

Pulled my 2003 GTX 4-Tec apart for some repairs/ reverse cable and some other regular maintenance over the winter.

Also wanted to check everything (normally hidden down below) for corrosion in more detail while I was in there.
I did remove front air intake/ sound baffle tube that goes down into the hull near the left front of the gas tank.

Found the rear fuel tank hold down straps were loose. A small metal retainer plate had detached from the left rear side of tank area (corroded rivets gave up).

Q. Can or should this problem be fixed (short of breaking out the sawzall) without removing the fuel tank? o_O
Seriously... I am just wondering if the tank WILL come out without disassembling the entire ski?
Maybe there is something else (simpler) here that I have never seen before?

I pulled the engine to front compartment plate that holds the fire extinguisher. The one front plate is riveted to a fiberglass bump in the inner hull? Is that what I am seeing?

Also, doesn't look like the tank can move too far and it may have been busted for a long time.

Had it since new in 2003. I guess I will see if I can better secure it in place for this season.

Thanks ski-d00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back