Very Slight coolant leak 2016 GTX Limited 300

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Rodsafety

Hi Everyone,
I just got back into PWCs again after a 5 year break. Had 255s 260s etc so now I purchased a 2016 92hr GTX Limited 300hp here in Thailand and had my friends in Bangkok do a compression test first before I bought it, 150psi all good, then had them start at the rear.... jet pump and move forward and replace anything and everything that needed it without regard to cost. They did a great job as I knew they would. I picked up the ski and after riding it for an hour I found a finger tip amount of coolant in front of the engine in a small indentation in the hull. I cleaned out the coolant and it seems to have stopped, but because I like everything perfect are there any known "potential" coolant system areas that these 300hp engines leak? I will of course as a precaution start checking all the hoses first. They did replace all the coolant so maybe this is a slight spill left over that found its way into one of these hull indentations. On an issue that some of you might find interesting I spent $4900 having them totally go over this ski and 300 dollars was the labor! So 4600USD in parts the labor costs here are so cheap. Also back to the coolant issue, I scrolled through the Modes button and found the engine temp mode while running the ski around the lake and got engine temps of 87c 88c 89c or about 188F to 190F I presume that this would be a normal operating temp for this ski? Thanks for any tips appreciated/

That is normal coolant temp and clean up any coolant in the bilge and assume it was only spillage.

Back