2003 gtx fuel tank straps loose

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

acooper

During a routine "corroded" reverse cable replacement (2022) I discovered that the fuel tank straps were loose?
Checked further and found that one or more lower brackets (bonded to the inner hull area) were completely separated.
Thought that I may have posted this before? Is there any recent/ updated info on this problem or possible solution?
It doesn't look like the tank is going anywhere, anytime soon, but just asking.

I was fortunate that when I noticed a strap loose on my 2009 GTI SE 155, that it was the metal ring on the strap itself that had rusted all the way thru. A pretty easy repair to drill out the rivets to my small storage compartment and get access to the straps to replace it.

But the anchor point on the hull appears to be riveted into the fiberglass. I wondered how you would ever secure the anchor bracket it if it came loose. Hopefully someone here knows...

There may be adhesives which would stick metal to the fiberglass but I am not aware of it.

The old school aproach is attach the ring to a small metal plate then apply a heavy coating of fiberglass cloth or other fabric over the plate and surrounding area of the hull so it is buryied into the hull.

Yeah, the plate (with the hook) is what came off the hull. That could possibly be reattached with resin and glass. It just seems very strange how some things corrode and everything else is good? This ski has gotten very good treatment since new. It gets the engine & inner hull area flushed and the outside washed 99% of the times that it is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back