1995 GTX fuel tank cracked update

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cqleca

Other thread (not mine) I posted in regarding my cracked fuel tank . http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?79500-Found-a-crack-in-fuel-tank-is-this-major

Thought I'd start a new thread and link to this one.

To update: I called the nearest seadoo dealer which is 35 miles away. Not too bad. They tell me I missed the service bulletin/recall for my fuel tank by one year. I posted this info in the other thread and got a couple of replies saying they were full of it and to call seadoo. Well, I called and seadoo said I'm entitled to a replacement tank at no cost so I call the dealer back. They said they'd double check and call me back. They didn't call back. That was earlier (Friday). So, it looks like I'll call them Monday to find out what's the deal. If they're still being "difficult" I'll try the next dealer which, unfortunately for me, is just over 50 miles away.

Thanks for the replies and help. Just another step to getting this thing back into the water. :thumbsup:

Chuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would drive 20 extra miles for a dealer that was more receptive to my business. Dealers that are reluctant to help could cause/create more problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah JJ. Kinda kicking myself for calling them back. I'll call the other dealer Monday.

To be continued...

I would probably take the time to drop a dime (hey, that sounded rather poetic) on the problem dealer to the corporate office. A fuel leak is not just an inconvenience, can result in a big boom, which is probably why SeaDoo is still replacing these fuel tanks to avoid major litigation.

Update: Got the new tank installed a couple of weeks ago. I've been busy with my father's estate of which I'm the administrator of. Thanks to all who've advised me to keep on the dealer. It has paid off with a replacement tank. I'll continue the project when I'm finished with the estate.
Chuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back