'99 XP Limited No fuel!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_josh

I have acquired a '99 Seadoo XP limited, its been sitting for a few years but looks relatively clean. First i drained all of the old gas from the tank, put in a new battery and T'ed in a connection to the water line. First time i plugged in the DESS it beeped twice, after reading the beep codes chart i see thats a good thing, so i cranked it and no start.

Engine spins so i know its not locked up, i pulled the plugs and cranked to see spark and they have strong spark. Only thing missing from the equation is fuel. Plugged the DESS back in and no beeps, thought that was odd but proceeded on anyway. Then i dribbled a little bit of premix in to each cylinder and screw the plugs back in then gave it a crank. Engine fired up and ran for a bit (until the fuel added to the cylinders was burned up) then died.

Anyone have ideas of why its not getting fuel?

Thanks in advance for any help.[-o

Check the fuel filters? Does it have the gray tempo fuel lines? If so they need to be replaced. And since it has been sitting the carbs more than likely need to be gone through cleaned and rebuilt. There is also a small fuel filter in the carbs that can clog up. Also check the fuel selector valve. They are famous for going bad and clogging. Hope this gets you started

Hey thanks for the response LK, that certainly gives me a direction start in. Ill keep the forum updated with my progress.

Again, if you have the Grey Tempo fuel lines, there are some MUST do items. Let us know and we will go from there.

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

before tearing out the fuel lines, make sure it will run on its own and there isn't any bigger issues. is the fuel selector switch working properly, move without much resistance, and fuel ON or RES? unscrew the filter and check for new gas there.

keep doing what your doing by adding fuel to the plugs and after a few times or more, it should suck the new fuel through and run on its own.

Well fellas it looks like the major issue has been located. While replacing the fuel lines i worked my way to the selectors and found it in this condition. All of the connections looked like this as well as all of the lines were clogged solid 3 inches back. The clog was so dense i had to drill out the gunk from the selector then soak in mineral spirits. Bad stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why most of the times we suggest replacing the selector. It seems to get plugged pretty bad. Most can not get it clean enough for full fuel flow..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back