RESTO 98 spx mod

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
13.jpg

Is the mount welded to the umi?

how much of the front tub do you cut out to get that tank in?

In the x4 tread spim cut the bottom out and then riveted back together. Looks like you loose 3 to 4 inches. And you have to move the gray box and then find a way to mount the fire extinguisher also.

I gave up on having a storage tub. This way I can plumb them so there are no tight angles and the fuel flows right in from a dump jug without spitting back at you. If you get the longer GTX pigtail that goes from the mag cover of the engine to the grey box then you will have the flexibility of putting the grey box in a decent location up front somewhere. I put mine where the old oil tank was on the carbon ski.

Fixed two of the fuel sending units for the larger fuel tanks this morning everything went well and was real easy to do. Only had to replace one of the floats, it filled up with water while sitting in the bowl of water. Only one of the units was bad, it had no reading at all with my ohm meter. I went ahead and fixed both f1 fuses while I had it out.IMG_6239.jpgIMG_6244.JPGIMG_6245.JPGIMG_6246.JPGIMG_6247.JPGIMG_6248.JPGIMG_6250.JPGIMG_6251.JPG
The first picture came from a link in the how to sticky. It is actually a X-ray which I thought was cool and helped me locate the correct place to cut.IMG_6252.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one of the coolant lines come off on the ski while I was riding and didn't realize it until it was almost to late. Ski almost sunk if Josh and lee haven't have been there. Thanks guys!! A few of the guys suggested that I relocate my pisser to a better location and it came in today.IMG_6253.JPG

making progress the tank is a super tight fit.IMG_6254.JPGIMG_6255.JPG
Both pics are before I used a 4/4 as leverage against the back of the hull to get the tank into place.
IMG_6256.JPGIMG_6259.JPG

The original pisser is 3/32" and that is 3/8". I'd leave the pisser alone and just get a 1/2" X 1/2" X 3/8" T to source the flowing water from the outgoing hose fastened on the left rear of the head. Normally it would have incoming water there but yours has reverse cooling.

The original pisser is 3/32" and that is 3/8". I'd leave the pisser alone and just get a 1/2" X 1/2" X 3/8" T to source the flowing water from the outgoing hose fastened on the left rear of the head. Normally it would have incoming water there but yours has reverse cooling.

Ok so if I wasn't confused before.

No, doctor says I need to be at SML more, even if its fridgid, so I might take my crazy ass up there this weekend. I was thinking you are closer, Im 1.5 hours from my house to the penhook public ramp. Typically I go ride, then look at the weather.

No, doctor says I need to be at SML more, even if its fridgid, so I might take my crazy ass up there this weekend. I was thinking you are closer, Im 1.5 hours from my house to the penhook public ramp. Typically I go ride, then look at the weather.

I was up there last Monday and it was freezing especially at 50 mph on the water!!

Not sure what the deal with pm notification is apparently not working ill get on the catbs tigs week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back