98 speedster seat covers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
400 hp witch is plenty for me. The impulse model has superchargers and has 500hp but I didn't want the additional expense of maintaining superchargers

So just to update. I'm taking several paths to reproduce the seat foam. Because of the contour of the foam it seems to be labor intensive. I have the ability to make the mold to form the foam so I'm starting down this path. I won't be able to reproduce the foam with the vinyl attached but I should be able to make the foam and offer a separate cover. To make this worth my while I need to know the interest level of as many people as possible.

Damn good start. I can't stand the stupid velcrow either , is there a better way to keep the cusion secured? After loosing them on the lake then on the highway, I always have to put them in the truck so I don't loose them.

I had a local marine interior shop do mine. Something like $3,400 for all of the seats. Custom foam for the ones that were missing (rear) I had them rivet the rear seats in, as well as rivet the driver and passenger seats in. Problem solved.

You can see some of the rivets on the drivers seat in this pic

99.jpg

Sorry, OP, not trying to hijack the thread. But just to give some concept of how much this cost for what we got. Might help you price accordingly.

Boat looks really nice, they did a beautiful job[emoji106]

Thanks. Yeah, they did.

I'll also try to find a picture of the rear seats. But they went in the engine bay and riveted the rear ones in as well. At least I don't have to worry about them coming off.

Hey Utah997, who was the shop in Utah you had do this? I am 5 hours from SLC and want to get my seats done.

Thanks

[MENTION=83609]Rmcrabb[/MENTION] any update on the seats?

I'm working on a 98 speedster as well and while the interior isn't terrible, I'd still like a replacement option.

Also for those who have riveted the seats how are you able to dry out the foam when they get wet? The seat bases seem to trap water which is why I assume seadoo made them removable.

I remove seats in the fall. Other than that they're in the boat all season. They take weeks to dry when saturated.

They look similar to my 02 Challanger and I got mine through zz auto group for about $600 and I was very happy with the product and the results
88.jpg
89.jpg

Looks great! I need to replace the vinyl in my 01 Challenger 1800... I have seen zz auto group on ebay... got any advice for me? How difficult was install? Did the kit include the sundeck / pad and spoiler? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! I need to replace the vinyl in my 01 Challenger 1800... I have seen zz auto group on ebay... got any advice for me? How difficult was install? Did the kit include the sundeck / pad and spoiler? Thanks!

They are the same. Let us know if you have any questions.
A4effort, great job on installation!:thumbsup:
Thank you!

I have a small side business doing marine and automotive upholstery. I also has access to 98 speedster. I'm tossing around the idea of patterning the seats for this particular boat and offer a reasonably priced replacement seat (foam included because of the design of the seats). I can't justify my time creating the patterns unless there is enough interest. Please post on this thread if you have any interest.
Hi do you no of any one who can make a backrest seat for my 1999 seadoo speedster sk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back