98 speedster seat covers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmcrabb

I have a small side business doing marine and automotive upholstery. I also has access to 98 speedster. I'm tossing around the idea of patterning the seats for this particular boat and offer a reasonably priced replacement seat (foam included because of the design of the seats). I can't justify my time creating the patterns unless there is enough interest. Please post on this thread if you have any interest.

I have tons of interest, my seats are horrible, I have to pull them and place them in truck when pull it down the road, The seats blow out! also they are faded bad from the previous owner. IF anything , send me a quote to rolloverzuke@yahoo.com

Thanks

I have tons of interest, my seats are horrible, I have to pull them and place them in truck when pull it down the road, The seats blow out! also they are faded bad from the previous owner. IF anything , send me a quote to rolloverzuke@yahoo.com

Thanks

I'll pull one of the seats out of my boat and see what it will take. The design will have to change a bit because they won't be formed in a mold like the originals.

I'd start by googling up every 98 Speedster seat attempt that has happened in history. I've seen crap jobs but there is one particular pic that really blew me away.

I have a 99 challenger 1800. I think the seats are similar to the 98 Speedster seats. I have talked to a couple of upholstery shops, but I'm rolling the dice letting them come up with a solution. If you can find a quality affordable solution, you have my business.
Here are photos of my current seats

IMG_20160809_071855.jpgIMG_20160809_071937.jpg

They look similar to my 02 Challanger and I got mine through zz auto group for about $600 and I was very happy with the product and the results
88.jpg
89.jpg

I'm sorry, my foam was good, $600 was for the entire interior vinyl set pre stitched and ready to staple over your existing foam

I have a 99 challenger 1800. I think the seats are similar to the 98 Speedster seats. I have talked to a couple of upholstery shops, but I'm rolling the dice letting them come up with a solution. If you can find a quality affordable solution, you have my business.
Here are photos of my current seats

View attachment 37075View attachment 37076

Those look like the exact seats I'm working on. My idea is a direct replacement seat including foam.

My foam has shrunk and is cracking everywhere. I'm looking for a complete solution including the foam, not just a seat cover

101.jpg

This is the preliminary modeling of the foam for the seat back. This is a stiff 95lbs compression foam for the main structure. I'll use softer 55lbs compression foam to form all the curves. The glue is a high heat contact cement and I have no worries of it coming apart even in the hottest sun.

Damn good start. I can't stand the stupid velcrow either , is there a better way to keep the cusion secured? After loosing them on the lake then on the highway, I always have to put them in the truck so I don't loose them.

Damn good start. I can't stand the stupid velcrow either , is there a better way to keep the cusion secured? After loosing them on the lake then on the highway, I always have to put them in the truck so I don't loose them.

I have an idea I want to try. But it will be a while before I get to it. Also it will be a few days till I post anymore progress because I need to order more foam. Actually I'll probably start the seat bottom with the stuff foam tomorrow.

Just so you guys know, the bottom of the seat backs are supposed to rivet to the boat so the velcro is not the only thing holding it. And on the front seats back rest there are 2 small screws that go in thru the seat to hold that one. And the bottoms are supposed to have an aluminum bar that is riveted to the seat base where you butt sits as well as being snapped in. Take off the extra fasteners and you run the risk of seat loss.

99 Speedster seating

102.jpg

101.jpg

This is the preliminary modeling of the foam for the seat back. This is a stiff 95lbs compression foam for the main structure. I'll use softer 55lbs compression foam to form all the curves. The glue is a high heat contact cement and I have no worries of it coming apart even in the hottest sun.

Looking good so far!

Thanks, spent a lot of time making it nice and just sold it a couple weeks ago. Was looking for something bigger so I bought this
103.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back