98 GSX LTD no beep no nothing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Teo1927

My 951 GSX sucked up a bunch of weeds and overheated and took on a bit of water. I was w able to rectify the issue and get it back on the water for a short duration before it dying and unable to start back up. Since then I haven’t even gotten a beep from when I put the key on or hit the start button. I’m thinking it may be the MPEM at this point but curious to hear other thoughts that could be potential syptoms of overheating, water, etc.

So far I tested the post and key which seem to be working ok, and will be testing the ignition button today (I don’t think that is the issue). I am at a lack of knowledge to properly test the MPEM But I really want to narrow down if that is the issue or not. Any guidance would be very useful.

My 951 GSX sucked up a bunch of weeds and overheated and took on a bit of water. I was w able to rectify the issue and get it back on the water for a short duration before it dying and unable to start back up. Since then I haven’t even gotten a beep from when I put the key on or hit the start button. I’m thinking it may be the MPEM at this point but curious to hear other thoughts that could be potential syptoms of overheating, water, etc.

So far I tested the post and key which seem to be working ok, and will be testing the ignition button today (I don’t think that is the issue). I am at a lack of knowledge to properly test the MPEM But I really want to narrow down if that is the issue or not. Any guidance would be very useful.
Did water get to the electrical box or MPEM?

@2strokeboy Very very possible that the MPEM got wet when water came in. Would that mean that it is bricked? Is there any definitive test to run to check the MPEM on its own?

@2strokeboy Very very possible that the MPEM got wet when water came in. Would that mean that it is bricked? Is there any definitive test to run to check the MPEM on its own?
unplug all the ports and check them then take the MPEM out and take it apart and if there is wager inside let it sit in sun and if there is not put it back in.

@2strokeboy ok so after checking continuity from the post + key and the start button, everything looks fine. Now I am at the MPEM again. Not too sure where to go from here, the fuses all look good in it.

Back