97 Sea Doo GT intermittent key recognition

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlzimmerman

97 Sea Doo GS intermittent key recognition

Hello all! First off thanks for the time! Last fall I was riding my 97 Sea Doo GS on the Mississippi River. Ran great all day. We pulled in to eat and when we went to leave I put the key on, nothing. Gauges did light up, no beeps, nothing. I got it out of the water and back home (about 2 hours away) and put the key on, worked just fine. I was quite confused. The next day I threw the key on it in the driveway and it worked again so I took it to the lake to mess with it. It started initially so I killed it and backed it off the trailer. Put the key on to take it for a spin, nothing.

I stored it for the winter as my "spring project." Well now my spring project has become my year long frustration. Every time I take it to the lake and back it in the water it won't do a thing. As soon as I get it back home in the drive, starts right up. I drove to the lake 3 times last weekend, and every single time it wouldn't work in the water, but every time I got it back home, worked perfect.

I'm so confused. Any thougths or help would be much appreciated.

Mitch

Last edited by a moderator:
Check all connections for tightness/corrosion and proper voltage. One loose ground will cause all sorts of headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back