RESTO 97 gtx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonv

I started on this ski last week. I pulled motor and sent it off for rebuild. I had a local shop clean the carbs at the start of the season, I don't believe they did anything at all. When the motor was out the pto piston was all ate up, running lean. Pulled the carbs apart for rebuild and pto side internal filter completely clogged. While the hull is empty i cleaned the under side of the hull today and as you can see there is a lot of damage, time to read up on the best way to insure the damage doesn't get worse you can see a lot of fiberglass. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Are you going to mint up the deck? That white is a biotch! I had a 97 gtx

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

278.jpg

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Yes I plan to make it look new I haven't been able to find oem graphics yet though. I plan on doing to white after its running I tend to be a messy mechanic and get dirt and Crap everywhere.

U can just spray or brush on new gelcoat on the bottom there. I guess that one was beached a lot. I sprayed the bottom of my boat a few years ago to repair some damage. Had to add some fiberglass but I don't think u to need add any. Just mix the gel cost close to that color it's on the bottom u just want to protect the fiberglass. Even when you brush it the marks usually don't stay if it's a little thick and doesn't harden to fast.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

After taking my carbs apart I'm now convinced never pay someone you don't know to clean and rebuild your carbs. The ski only ran for about three hours after the supposed rebuild. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I bought this ski and the 01 xp this spring and took them both to the same shop to have them tuned up. Neither one lasted more than a few hours and that's when I found this forum. I have never owned a ski until this year but I sure am learning a lot. I ordered a few things from Minnetonka today for the project. Wear ring, impeller, intake grate, and some battery straps. I will be completely going through the fuel and oil systems new lines and a new oil pump.

It is a fun ski. Check out my project shamu thread for some stuff on hull repair and some decal options. Keep posting pix.

Engine Alignment tool at 150 plus thirty dollars in shipping. Is there any better pricing anywhere? Or rentals somewhere?

Engine Alignment tool at 150 plus thirty dollars in shipping. Is there any better pricing anywhere? Or rentals somewhere?

That is the normal price, have never seen it any cheaper.

I bought one that I rent to members. Basically I charge $75-80 to get it to you depending on zip code. That includes freight. You pay freight back to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBT's sister site watercraftsuperstore sells them but gives you free shipping for the same price. Don't know they do that. Most people need them more than once or just buy it and sell it.

Thanks howie099 I'm going check them out now, 150 sounds a lot better.
Jammin777 thanks for the link to your tread I have ordered a guart of the gelcoat there site was great and told you the color you needed by the year of your ski!!

That is where I bought mine from and saved in the shipping. I am doing 4 engine swaps this winter so I got my money's worth on mine.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Motor arrived today looks good but exhaust gasket looks like it needs a couple more holes

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
I took my carbs to a local bike shop and had them tanked. Tanking them removed all the loose paint the oxidation along with the green goo. Now we are ready for the rebuild and painting.

I rebuilt my carbs this morning both are popping off at 29. low at 1 turn out, high at zero there's a lot of conflicting info on pop off out there does this sound right to you guys. Getting ready to start on putting everything back on the engine, should I reuse my intake gasket and use copper rtv on the mag housing or order some new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back