1995 GTX Pulse Line Full of Fuel

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

DoubleD

Premium Member
Premium Member
I recently rebuilt the carbs on a 1995 Seadoo GTX and now it won't run. I noticed that the pto side carb has a pool of fuel and the pulse line coming from the block is full of fuel. I pulled the carbs back apart but can't figure out what would cause this. Anyone have an idea?

Does the PTO carb contain the fuel pump on that engine? No way for the fuel to get into the pulse line if the gaskets and carb are assembled correctly. Pulse line is outside the fuel delivery area. Verify the fuel lines are connected properly.

IF the needle and seat are leaking it will flood the engine and push fuel into the pulse line when you try and crank it. It can also blow the diaphragm in the fuel pump since you can't compress a liquid.

Thanks for the responses. The fuel pump is on the mag side and I have torn carbs down twice to ensure everything is put together correctly. Is there a way to test the needle and seat with the carbs installed? All the hoses are hooked up correctly as well.

Back