97 GSX waterbox to hull exhaust hose popped and discontinued, now what?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

HighBeam

Well as the title states I finally determined why the seadoo I picked up didn't rev up without choking and dying. Turns out the exhaust rubber hose between the waterbox and hull fitting delaminated and blocks itself when I rev the engine. Now before you say it, yes I figured out that the waterbox rave vavle failed... Err, well it appears to have unscrewed itself and fallen apart, but I was able to easily screw it all back together.

Now the big problem I have is my local dealer and online stores have informed me that the rubber exhaust hose for my 97 GSX is discontinued.

I tried looking for a transport truck size rad hose, but the local truck stores were less than helpful.

My other options are using the stock delaminated hose and some metal piping to make up something that will work or replacing the rubber pipe altogether with a custom made mandrel pipe from an exhaust shop.

Any ideas?
James

Not a big deal. You can get a Gates rubber exhaust hose at any boat shop. Just measure the OD of the pipe... and the length. It should only be a couple $$. (or order it from McMaster Carr)

Thanks so much. I find it amazing none of the seadoo or other powersports shops suggested I try that. I am a little too used to living in a town without any boat shops and it never occurred to me to try one out. You may have saved my weekend haha.

I spoke too soon, I may live in a city surrounded by three lakes in the Okanagan, but it seems people look at me like I have three heads when I want to buy that kinda hose. I was actually told the local boat repair performance place wouldn't order any for me too. This weekend it gets a cobble fix and I'll order the pipe online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back