2004 3D rfi exhaust too hot

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikenasty0814

I have a 2004 3D rfi and I have deleted the resonators and have it just straight piped it from the water box to the outlet. I am aware that this may cause it to be harder to start, but my question is that I have drilled out all the fittings in tune pipe (3) along with all the other elbow fittings on the straight piece that connects to the tune pipe. I even drilled out the the 3 ports at the end of that straight piece that empty the water into the water box, but my exhaust is still too hot and burning through the rubber hose. Is there anyway to test that water is entering my waterbox? Because my tune pipe is cool when the ski is running and the tell tale is flowing as should. Exhaust is just too hot and melting the hose. Thanks for any help.

You should not be drilling out any fittings as they are all specifically calibrated for the precise water flow.

The only thing that the resonators do is reduce noise so if you eliminate them you don’t need to modify anything.

Because you have changed the regulated water flow by incorrectly drilling out the fittings is why you are running hot.

You should not be drilling out any fittings as they are all specifically calibrated for the precise water flow.

The only thing that the resonators do is reduce noise so if you eliminate them you don’t need to modify anything.

Because you have changed the regulated water flow by incorrectly drilling out the fittings is why you are running hot.
I understand that they are calibrated but I was having some meltdown issues and I read on here that by drilling out the elbows, people solved their issue, but do you think that since I deleted the plastic fittings on the exhaust and if I get new calibrated elbows, that will fix my issue? Thanks

The only thing that will cause the exhaust to overheat is a blockage or the water regulator on the muffler not working.

You should never drill out the fittings and you not only need to get the correct ones but make sure you put them in the correct spot as they are not all the same orifice size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back