2006 Sea Doo GTX Limited broken exhaust hose clamp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

8kgold69

Riding a 2006 GTX Limited SC w/112 hrs broke the exhaust clamp that connects the rubber hose that to the exhaust pipe that runs through the hull. The rubber hose came off and caused the ski to start taking on water. Luckily was close to the dock. Parked the ski, went and got my trailer and vehicle. By the time I return to the ski it was 1/2 sunk. Did not start it but manage to get it on the trailer. Pulled the drain plugs out and let the water drain out of the boat. Got home pulled the dip stick to checked the oil and at the time there appeared to be no water in oil, oil was clear. Went ahead and changed the oil anyway and oil filter. Fired up the engine and white smoked started coming out of exhaust. I let run for a minute or 2 then shut it off. Checked the oil again with the dip stick and now the oil was milky white. Is the motor hurt?
I read that I need to do several oil flushes, with filters, start it, let run a couple of minutes after each flush and then drive it, may not have any issues.
Is this true?​

This is a while back, but not knowing if you solved your problem, I'd say this isn't a really big issue. You said you did not start it when it was half sunk. So, water likely infiltrated your engine from your exhaust ports. This maybe kinda late at the moment, but maybe could help someone in the future.

The exhaust system on the 4-TEC is connected to the jet pump water inlet, for cooling your exhaust gases, and resonance. If you allow water to fill up the exhaust system, it will go over the top and into the engines exhaust system. This is why, if you notice the design of the exhaust piping, it loops upwards, generally higher than the engine, to help keep the water out. Which is also the reason if you roll it over, you are suppose to roll it back a certain direction, to keep from dumping water into the block.

When you started the motor the first time, personally, myself, I'd have left it run at idle, depending on how much "milky" white was on the dipstick. It's not unusual for a motor to get some water in the oil pan, maybe from condensation, or elsewhere. The idea is, if the amount of water in your oil pan is minimal, it will evaporate off when the motor heats up. But, if there is a lot of water, way up your dip stick, then you could have a bigger problem. With the limited info you wrote, IMO, it doesn't sound like you had a major issue. You fixed your exhaust hose, changed the oil, and sounds like you had a small amount of water in your oil pan. You could have just burned it off. Of course, you wouldn't want to go WOT, until your water evaporated off, but a little water in your oil, if it's known why it's there, isn't going to destroy your engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back