97 Gsx 787 crankcase full of oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, you don't sound cheap when it comes to the alignment tool, its a big chunk of change for the amount you use it. You can rent them from SBT for $75, or buy it and sell it for $100 when your done.

I have done 4 motors and each time I install it the same as it came out and it never lined up when I put the tool in, I always had to add shims. That being said there are some experienced guys hear that have done it without the tool, maybe they will chime in and give some pointers, if you choose to go that route.

I am really curious about the process of alignment. Can anyone expound on it for a bit? I wonder if a shop will to it for <=$75.

I should have taken pictures as I did it. Aligning it was pretty simple and as someone stated above, even though I didn't move the motor mounts it was still a little off. All the tool is is a plate that bolts in place of the pump and a long rod that slides through it with different adapters to fit into the engine coupler.

Well, I only intend on doing this one time, so I was wondering if a shop will to it for <$75 for me.

It's probably worth giving a few shops a call to see what they would charge. If you were closer to me I'd say come by and use mine

Well, I only intend on doing this one time, so I was wondering if a shop will to it for <$75 for me.

If you want a shop to do it you better find an independent, most SeaDoo dealers won't even look at a 2-stroke, I doubt you'll find anyone to do it for less than $75.00. But ask, all they can do is say no.

Lou

the seadoo shop in my area wanted 135.00 to align, i bought the tool and did it myself.

Just out of curiosity, did you bring it to them with the pump and drive shaft removed? I can't see it taking more than an hour to align it if they know what they are doing. The shop by me charges $89 an hour so $135 seems really high.

Just out of curiosity, did you bring it to them with the pump and drive shaft removed? I can't see it taking more than an hour to align it if they know what they are doing. The shop by me charges $89 an hour so $135 seems really high.

Is this a Seadoo "dealer/stealer" or an independent shop?

i just called them for a quote. i had the engine rebuilt and the pump was out. i bought an a alignment tool for a few $$ more and did it myself.

Thanks a bunch for the info. My local dealer won't touch older skis and the independent in my area wants >$100 (2 hrs) with 4-6 weeks out. I will buy this thing and do it myself.

Where can I get it for $75? This one sells for $199!

Attachments

• alignment tool 2.jpg
    alignment tool 2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
PM coastiejoe, I think he has one that he is renting. I have not seen an activity on it yet but I know that he ordered one for that reason.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yep I have they alignment tool I'm in Dundee MI so if you want to rent/borrow it let me know I bought mine from SBT I think I paid around $150.00 for it. Not to sure what to do about shipping it though Could possibly meet in Ann aurbor I think that is somewhere in the middle of davisburg and Dundee PM me if you need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=59978]kicker[/MENTION]. It is rented but in its way back as I type this. Thanks for helping. Any mention helps to recover the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=59978]kicker[/MENTION]. It is rented but in its way back as I type this. Thanks for helping. Any mention helps to recover the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sorry Coastiejoe didn't mean to get in the way of you renting out your tool I know your trying to recover the cost. I never really planned on renting my out because of the shipping hassle just thought I would throw out they offer because he's close to my house.

sorry Coastiejoe didn't mean to get in the way of you renting out your tool I know your trying to recover the cost. I never really planned on renting my out because of the shipping hassle just thought I would throw out they offer because he's close to my house.

No issues. I posted for the sole reason that Kicker mentioned it. Loan away, no issues at all.

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

I finally made it up to the lake to test everything out. Both gsx's ran well. I didn't beat on the new motor at all but I got on the other one and it's definitely faster than my Gts! And they handle like they are on rails, definitely a blast to ride. I was a little disappointed that my buddy's waveraider 760 was pulling on me though. Overall I'm very pleased and thanks to everyone who helped me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back