97 GS - Gunwale Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtunimog01

Very new to PWC's, recently picked up a 97 GS. needs some cosmetics which to me isn't a big deal until I realized it was totally missing the bumpers and gunwale trim and rub-strips. I assume someone removed it , although I didnt see any signs of repair or damage that would require it all being removed.

I didn't think it would be an issue until I went searching for either new or used replacements. I can find replacements for same era RX/GT/RF models but nothing for the GS. I have searched every forum (or so I think) and not really much is coming up. Perhaps there is some cross-model fitment that I am not aware of ? Any direction or insight would be very greatly appreciated.

Seadoo has discontinued a lot of parts on these.
Post some pictures so we can see what you are talking about.

You can check ebay. Same hull as the gsx. Be careful, the indigo blue trim, the rest corner pieces can get pricy. They break and everyone wants them. You could probably use trim from a gtx, just have to cut the length and drill holes in the right spots, and it would be black. I think your trim was a purple color

Seadoo has discontinued a lot of parts on these.
Post some pictures so we can see what you are talking about.
that is the challenge, there is nothing there, someone stripped it off. so best I can do is photos from other GS models on the web - see attached with black arrows. Basically fromI can gather, the U channel left and right, front and rear bumpers, corners in rear plus rub rail insert. I know the insert is pretty much universal to these models so that isn't a problem. the base is. Next question will be how to install channel, do the old rivets need to be removed and the new channel attached with a new rivet ?

29_Side.jpg

You can check ebay. Same hull as the gsx. Be careful, the indigo blue trim, the rest corner pieces can get pricy. They break and everyone wants them. You could probably use trim from a gtx, just have to cut the length and drill holes in the right spots, and it would be black. I think your trim was a purple color
thanks so much racer. I am trying to ditch the 90's purple ( I have a kawasaki KLR bike that had it as well) so black is perfect for me, otherwise I will be painting the trim black or just living with some purple rail I guess

it was one of those things I didn't think of until we started pulling parts off to replace and I noticed there was no rub-rail at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back