97 challenger carb mod

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

moto17

I am going to put new carbs on my 97 challenger ,It has one 787 that I rebuilt and this year I hope to freshen it up even more.I would love to know any ones thoughts on either going with the stock Mikuni 40mm super BN carbs or setting it up with Hi Performance Super BNs that are 44mm . Would this help with midrange power? or just be a jetting primer nightmare? I am looking for a little more power without getting a bigger boat. Thanks!

Bigger carbs are always harder to jet, and they don't do anything for "Mid" power. (because of the signal loss) Actually... they normally hurt it. Bigger carbs are good for one thing... higher RPM's. So... unless you are raising your top RPM's... I don't recommend spending the $$$.

If you are looking for a better mid hit... raise your compression.

I am going to put new carbs on my 97 challenger ,It has one 787 that I rebuilt and this year I hope to freshen it up even more.I would love to know any ones thoughts on either going with the stock Mikuni 40mm super BN carbs or setting it up with Hi Performance Super BNs that are 44mm . Would this help with midrange power? or just be a jetting primer nightmare? I am looking for a little more power without getting a bigger boat. Thanks!

Im no help. I just wanna see more pics of that boat. Looks sweet in your avatar pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back