96 GTX bogging issue - seems electrical - HELP Please

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyv49

Hopefully someone out there can help me on this one. 96 GTX bogs down for some reason. If I shut the ski down then restart it is gone but then comes back. Then if it runs all of a sudden it stops and the ski runs perfect.

[video=youtube_share;s6cNmwDcOnE]https://youtu.be/s6cNmwDcOnE[/video]

You will see in the video how it is acting and the change when I hit the throttle. Then when I restart it it runs clean then bogs again. Also it smokes heavily while bogging.

Here is what I have done:

Carbs fully rebuilt
spark plugs are new
cleaned the post connections in the box (they were really bad)
battery is new
pulled the boots back and clipped them back and reset the boots.

None of this has isolated the problem. Once it decides to clean out the ski runs perfect.

Any ideas? its driving me nuts!

Johnny

Try unplugging the rectifier and see if it clears up. If it does the rectifier is bad and needs replaced. The battery will not charge while the rectifier is disconnected so keep that in mind.

My pet peeve is air leaks on 2 strokes. The gasket on the water separator \ fuel filter may be bad. Using a pop off tester you can test your fuel system. looking for leaks. It is easier to suck air then fuel. Some of the vents for the gas tank and oil tank may be bad. They should be replaced after so many years. The procedure for testing is in the repair manual. You may have a crack in a plastic nipple somewhere. That is why after jolts or bumps it runs good or bad.

That's great news.
It is about a 50/50 shot on 96's between fuel system and rectifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back