1995 GTX beeps twice and shuts off after15 minutes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mikpoe

I have a 1995 Sea Doo GTX, When I first put it in the water it runs great for almost exactly 15 minutes then beeps twice then shuts off, like you had pulled the kill switch, no bogging or missing. It will start back up but only run for a few seconds.
I know this sounds like over heating but as far as I can tell it's not getting hot. I have blown thru all the water lines and engine water jacket. It seems to have an adequate flow thru the pee hole. I can put my hand on the engine after it shuts off , it's hot but not terribly hot. It seems to be a timed event, it doesn't matter how hard I run it, its fifteen minutes and it will beep twice and shut off. I can disconnect the thermal switch between the spark plugs and it will still shut off but it won't beep.
any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure it is a 1995 GTX?
If it is then it does not have DESS so there should be no beeps unless it is overheating.
The overheating beeper has noting to do with it running as it is only an audible alarm and a simple switch. If it is shutting off it is something else, not the warning system shutting anything off.

Are you sure it is a 1995 GTX?
If it is then it does not have DESS so there should be no beeps unless it is overheating.
The overheating beeper has noting to do with it running as it is only an audible alarm and a simple switch. If it is shutting off it is something else, not the warning system shutting anything off.
Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to help my niece with hers, I have a 1993 GTS I purchased new. I did a serial number lookup and it shows it's a 1995 GTX serial#ZZNC2230K495.
It seems to be a timed event. I've put it in the water four times, each time it ran great for fifteen minutes, not 14, or 16, then shut off like the kill switch disengaged. After it shuts off it will start right back up but only for a few seconds. You can continue to do that, I don't how long it takes to reset what is shutting it off. I know it sounds like it's running hot but it doesn't seem hot, does anyone know to tell for sure.
My niece told me it had new plugs, kill switch, stator, rectifier, and what she called the computer.

Back