4 beeps and turns off

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

wjmj70

Hello all. We just purchased a 1996 GTX and having some issues. Maybe because it's all new to us but we attached the landyard or key, the display turns on and beeps 4 times and the display shuts off. Could anyone help and explain why this is? Tried to turn the engine over after the beeps but nothing. I would assume the display should stay on after the 4 beeps correct? FYI there is a brand new battery installed. Thank you in advance!

I had that problem once. In the shop manual, under DESS in the electrical section it says that the MPEM cannot communicate with the CDI module. There are a few things that could cause that. A bad CDI, the 5A fuse on the holder relay (that powers the CDI) is blown, the holder relay is not supplying voltage to the CDI, the connections inbetween the CDI and MPEM are faulty. Check the fuse, check the wiring, preform the static check on the holder relay per the shop manual. If those check out, see that the holder relay supplies 12V to the CDI while cranking the engine . If all of those check out then the CDI might be bad. I had a holder relay that would turn on when the key was inserted but dropped the 12V when the start button was pressed. It took me a while to find that because it was intermittent. I wore out the starter and bought multiple CDIs before one of them gave me the 4 beep error and led me to monitor the output of the holder relay while starting.

Back