95 GTX dies after 20 - 30 seconds - like it ran out of fuel?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

blkrvrbart

95 GTX has developed a random fuel delivery problem. After running fine for 20-30 seconds, it dies as though it is out of fuel. Sometimes if you let off the throttle quick enough it will regain enough fuel to keep running, but if you stay on the throttle it dies. Restarts and repeats performance problem. After reading some other threads, it looks like this is a common problem. I have the gray fuel lines, have ran it in reserve (that makes no difference), and have had rust particles in the sediment filter that I've cleaned out (rust particles? in a plastic fuel system-must be from somebody's fuel tank).

What fuel line should I replace the gray ones with? Do the carbs need a rebuild? What kind of fuel pump does this system use? I also have a 97 GTS - same gray fuel lines, not the same problems yet - but will this ski need the same repairs in the near future?

Automotive fuel line is fine. You will need about 20 feet 1/4" and 20-25 clamps. The carbs will need to be taken apart and cleaned. There is 1 fuel filter in each carb and the external. make sure you clean the selector valve as well and the 2 check valves. Read the sticky at the top of this forum on carbs.

Once you have a fuel system issue... the ENTIRE system needs cleaned. AND... it needs to be done all at the same time. If you don't do it all together... you will continue to have issues, and on a 2 stroke... you can kill a perfectly good engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back