93 GTX Won't Start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

balleng

Okay, so it's time for me to be more specific.

I'm trying to get this 1993 GTX started and really I don't have much experience with seadoos.

I started off with a new battery. A CB16L-B 12V. It's what was already in the seadoo, but I was able to determine that the old battery was shot. Is this the right battery? At a full charge I'm looking at about 13.3V. I'm using a Battery Tender motorcycle battery charger, so I know I'm not frying the battery.

When I hook the fully charged battery up, I'll only get like two turns out of the starter before the voltage drops to a point where it won't do anything... just a click. I may be a PWC ignoramus, but this doesn't sound right to me.

It needs fuel, but I have this under control.

I want to hook it up to a hose and wet fire it (I mentioned this in another thread). How can I hook up a hose to the white tee-fitting in the water line?

I know I'm missing some other crucial aspect about this. Please advise...

Unfortunately I don't have the manual, so you guys are really my only hope. What do I do? What can the problem be?

Take out the plug..

Will it trun over without the plugs in it?? It may be hydro locked, just stand back when you crank it without the plugs.. If there is anything in there it will shoot out about 6 feet straight up!!!!

The engine doesn't even get that far... plugs or not.

I guess it's only the starter that barely even cranks. I'm pretty sure the engine isn't doing anything at all.

The other thing I can't figure out is why I'm only getting like two tries out of the completely charged battery. I'm not fully starting it, but after pushing the ignition two or maybe three times, all I get is a click.

Could it be a wiring problem? I'm considering attaching a jumper cable from the battery directly to the starter just to check. What do you think?

So I tried it out without the plugs this morning. No liquid... I dodged that messy bullet. The starter turned over a lot faster, but that is to be expected without any compression.

If I put the plugs in it turns over reaaaal slowly. I even tried jumping it with a 12V battery from the shop's forklift... no change really.

I know it's bone dry on fuel. Could this be creating a lubrication problem?

I'm still hoping there isn't an electrical issue that's creating interference. Wiring is not my strong point. What do you think?

see if it cranks with the front plug in just keep away formt he other cylinder and dont run it long lol

Check all the battery wires from the battery to the starter/engine. Check them for corrosion around the crimped terminals where the wires go in. Bad corrosion here can cause big volt drops and loss of power. Replace any that look bad. Clean all the connections while your at it. If that doesn't fix it, you may have a weak starter. As for the tee piece, mine has a hose that came with it to connect it to the garden hose. You could disconnect the pipe from the stern at the tee and connect the garden hose there instead, but if you just want to flash the engine up for a few seconds, its not really needed. Hope this helps.

Pull the plugs.Ground them out on the black box so they don't fire the gas.
then try rolling it. you could have a compression lock from gas or water.Clean ALL terminal from the battery they the black box. They all run thru the box and feed the main computer. If you dont have strong voltage at the brain it wont fire. The shopmanuals are free on line. There are return vent gas lines running from the carbs.the feed is on the front carb bottom. make sure the tank vent is open.
most like comes thru the fiberglas at about the gas selector valve. no air in ...no gas out.good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back