1995 Seadoo GTX won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

DoubleD

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have a 95 GTX that I'm working on and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to test the computer. I just changed the engine and the ski won't start. It kicks every now and then when cranking but won't actually start up. I have checked the rotary valve timing and it is correct. Both plugs have been replaced and have spark. I have ohm'd out the stator and ignition coil and they are within speck. Fuel test was good and carbs were just rebuilt. Ski won't start with starting fluid either. Thinking now that the computer isn't telling the ski to fire, but would like to verify before spending money.

I was able to find the test instructions for the MPEM and it tested out good. Not sure at this point what else could be going on. If the carbs weren't built correctly could that cause this issue, even when spraying starting fluid in the throat? Also, when cranking, I don't see hardly any fuel moving towards the carbs from the tank and when I increase throttle when cranking the fuel goes back towards the tank (fuel lines are clear so I can see the flow). Any help would be appreciated.

If you pour some premix in the cylinders, it should momentarily fire up,,,if not,, you have a spark issue.,,not a carb/fuel issue,,
could be ,,pickup/trigger module ,,,cdi,,,coil…or mpem…?

Thank you for the response. I will try adding fuel mixture in the cylinders and see what happens. I didn't think this ski had a trigger/pickup on it. The schematic just shows the ignition coil, stator, and MPEM. Is there a trigger/pickup and cdi located somewhere I didn't see? Everything I read said it was controlled by the MPEM. Thanks again for the help!

Back