787 hesitation...?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reardon41

Hey guys so ive had this problem all last summer and still having it and im hoping someone has a solution. So my 97 gsx has like a hesitation when you pull the throttle in all the way. For example if i take a sharp turn and mash the throttle it will only go to about to 4800-5000 rpms and if i kinda feather it... it will grab and rip fine.. it will hit 6800 rpms when i get it to go but my problem is getting it to not hesitate like that. Ive tried adjusting the carbs, lows and highs but i dont really notice any difference when i adjust the lows so maybe i have a carb issue? If anyone has any input please let me know lol. Thanks guys

Mine limits it too if I mash the throttle, but doesn't if I slowly accelerate. Try cleaning the rave valves and making sure they slide smooth. The rpm where yours is happening is exactly where the valves start to open. It gets slightly better after cleaning the raves. Mine still does it so my guess is it will need carbs done soon too.

I have the old raves without the slots in them but they are clean
I just rebuilt everything and cleaned those up nice. My water regulator is leaking into the hull so maybe the rubber boot on that is torn or something. Im not sure if that would cause that problem but im going to replace that and see if it helps

I have the old raves without the slots in them but they are clean
I just rebuilt everything and cleaned those up nice. My water regulator is leaking into the hull so maybe the rubber boot on that is torn or something. Im not sure if that would cause that problem but im going to replace that and see if it helps

it's common for the original metal clip on the rubber bellows in the water regulator to rust and poke a hole in the bellows. I just sealed mine with permatex 5 years ago and its held ever since. re hesitation, try pulling the red wire on the rectifier in the front ebox and see if that solves the problem. Is so replace the rectifier, this is also a common problem in the 96/97. I replaced mine last year. Note, the battery will not be charging when you have the red wire disconnected

Why would the rectifier cause that? If the purpose of the rectifier is to regulate the voltage then why would it cause a hesitation like that?

Why would the rectifier cause that? If the purpose of the rectifier is to regulate the voltage then why would it cause a hesitation like that?

Instead of putting DC back into the charging system it is putting AC from the stator back in and it messes with the MPEM/CDI

I have a 97GSX as well and it does the same thing even after a full fuel system rebuild. This was an issue in 1997 and seadoo acknowledged the problem with a service bulletin. I have it on my laptop and will try and post it here. They said it was caused by the raves because they don't have the slots in them. Also states that the rave valve housing needed to be replaced by an updated one as well

That definitely sounds like my problem... you dont think aftermarket raves with the slots would work? Id rather get oem too but if you cant find them then thats the only choice..?

That definitely sounds like my problem... you dont think aftermarket raves with the slots would work? Id rather get oem too but if you cant find them then thats the only choice..?

I've read nothing but nightmares about aftermarket raves from SBT so I don't want to risk it. I believe there is another company called WSM that makes them but I don't know much about the quality of them and am afraid to try them.

I'm pretty sure OSDmarine carrys new OEM RAVEs. I picked up some good used OEM slotted on eBay a few months ago for $40 as well

Just curious, where did you find that service bulletin? id like to be able to find all that apply to these skis but i cant find them lol

You can still buy the OEM RAVES from any seadoo dealer. They are not a discontinued item but they are $124.99 each.

I have always been happy with WSM parts and would not hesitate to use them. I personally feel they are in the middle between OEM and SBT.

Just curious, where did you find that service bulletin? id like to be able to find all that apply to these skis but i cant find them lol

I found it last year after doing some research on the problem and came across someone else with the same issue on a forum. Not sure where they got the bulletin from but I would like to see if there are more out there on our models as well.

I have always been happy with WSM parts and would not hesitate to use them. I personally feel they are in the middle between OEM and SBT.

I might have to give WSM a try after all. The best I found on OEM are at OSD marine for $209 for 2. Might still order from there though, I can make up my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back