717 totally dry

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankst3r

I have a 717 that has not been ran in years, and i have all new dry lines, a fully empty bone dry gas tank, and oil tank with nothing in it. what all do i need to do in order to get the right juices in the right locations? and will the crankcase oil make its way back to the reservoir by itself? and what all needs to be pressurized? any information would be greatly appreciated.

By "dry" I am assuming you cleaned the fuel and oil tanks and have new lines, new filters, etc... Did you replace the fuel valve with an new OEM? Did you rebuild the carbs? If you did all that, then you just need to add fuel and oil and the right things will happen. I would do premix fuel in the fuel tank in addition to the oil pump feed system for at least the first tank of fuel. You'll foul some spark plugs but that's about it.

I would disconnect the water lines and blow some compressed air through them.... Not too much pressure just make sure you have some flow. The 717 is a great engine !! Do a compression check. Good LUck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back