2022 Fish Pro rough idle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

helistevenz

Hi all, since new (2 months ago) my Fish Pro has not been idling smoothly and occasionally, after a good run, it will idle quite rough to the point where the ski will be vibrating and it can be heard by something rattling in the dash. When trying to accelerate, especially in Eco Mode, it is bogged down and slow to accelerate, however, it will ran at speed OK. This happens randomly, therefore, the dealer does not get to witness this themselves, however, a fellow Fish Pro owner has and agrees that it is not right. The shop has done the diagnostics, fuel pressures, checked for water, twice, and replaced the spark plugs. They half admit that it does have a bit more of a vibration than normal when idling.
I find in Slow Mode the engine is not smooth at all. Has anyone experienced this or heard of this issue.
I am handing back the ski to the dealer next week to sort it out.

UPDATE: 5 MAY
The ECU, throttle body, MAP sensor and crank position sensor have been replaced and it is still not resolved. After the spark plugs were removed during the last visit it appears that the engine might be running lean. A fuel/air ratio test pending.

Last edited:
I have heard reports that some of the newer skis can have a rough idle condition during the break in process. I experienced it briefly with my 2021 GTI SE. It didn't last for more than a few minutes in my case. How many hours are on the ski?

I have heard reports that some of the newer skis can have a rough idle condition during the break in process. I experienced it briefly with my 2021 GTI SE. It didn't last for more than a few minutes in my case. How many hours are on the ski?
She's done 38 hours.

45 hours on my ski (2022 fish pro trophy) I have these exact issues, although only happens sometimes... restarting the ski seems to resolve it until it occurs again.

Interested to know your findings.

2023 GTI 170SE. Rough low speed from idle to about 3600 rpm- I only have 10 hours on this unit but I can say it runs rough up until about 3600 rpms. It sounds like a lean condition so it's not actually skipping but it's definitely seems a bit uneasy. Wonderful performance after 3600 rpm.. My friend has the exact same ski and it exhibits the same thing so I guess it must be normal ? It bothers me in a new ski to have this. I was looking maybe after it is fully broken in to have it remapped but all the people doing remapping are concentrating on top speed performance. I simply want a smooth running ski at idle and mid-range, the ski is plenty fast enough for me as it is. Anyone else have this "problem" or know of a solution?

Back