2022 Fish Pro Sport, Battery light comes on but its a brand new battery.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbone130

So my 2022 Fish Pro the Battery light is coming on and shutting itself off. I had an old battery in and a code C2161 came up. I replaced it with a new battery. So when I turn the Ski on (electronics only not the engine running) with the new battery the battery light comes on beeps one time and shuts it self off no code pops up like with the old battery. I check the battery connected with the battery light on with all the electronics running and it reads at 12.4, but the battery light is still showing and shutting itself off in a couple mins. When I'm running it on the water the battery light doesn't come on. But the fish pro was design to have electronics running with engine shutoff for fishing purposes. Now I cant even load up news maps on my Fish pro in the garage because it shuts off on me. Any advice on trouble shooting this problem would greatly appreciate it. Also I checked all fuses they look good, all connections are tight.

C2161 IBR Low voltage detected Battery failure, rectifier failure, damaged circuit wires, battery terminal connection, damaged AC generator or damaged connectors. Ignore fault if "occurred" Check fuses #6 (REFER TO WIRING DIAGRAM). Check ground continuity to the engine block.

The ECM is detecting low voltage at the IBR module. Can be a pesky code. ECM will not let the ski operate with this code. Usually it’s corrosion in a connection or wire causing a voltage drop. 2022 is pretty new for corrosion. Your on the right track. 12.4 v is right at the minimum with no charging. Above 13 v is proper . 14.4 volts at 5000 rpm when charging. Check that ground to your engine block and make sure your new battery is fully charged. Hopefully it’s good AGM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back